Industry: Grocery/Food Retail
Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client, a company located in SE Portland, OR to identify a HRIS Director to join their team. This is a full-time, direct-hire, hybrid. The HRIS Director is a leader as well as hands- on technical expert for HRIS and will help build and execute a technology roadmap that balances the strategic and operational needs of HR. These services are supported by members of the HRIS team and delivered through a variety of strategic vendors and partners. This position partners with IT peer organizations, business leaders and vendors to manage, continuously improve and evolve HRIS services. This is a leadership role. You are responsible for providing leadership in line with company values and promoting a positive and progressive work environment in alignment with our company mission, vision values and policies.
- Develop strategy and provide tactical direction to the HR Information Systems team in the service center, with management and ownership for the Core HR/Payroll system, HR Portals, service center enabling technologies, reporting and security management
- Partner with leaders is HR, Operations, Finance, and PSO teams to effectively manage HR systems and projects
- Partners with subject matter experts in HR to define roles & responsibilities for day-to-day user support, regular system maintenance, reporting, profile management, configuration change requests and other functions that support daily operations.
- Ensures the integrity of internal database files and reporting capabilities.
- Oversee the system reporting of all HR tools
- Lead the planning and deployment of system upgrades, including the scheduling of key activities and communicating of system downtime to appropriate parties
- Establish partnerships with 3rd party vendors to ensure effective service delivery
- Analyzes the business requirements and determines appropriate HRIS service and data management needs.
- Develop and maintain awareness of HR data security and comply with policies and procedures set by IT and GFH leadership
- Act in accordance with data security principles and enforce compliance in key areas, including system security and Safe Harbor.
- Research and provide recommendations to leadership on new technologies that could be utilized to improve service center effectiveness and the customer experience
- Develop and implement business continuity plan for all HR systems
- Directly supervises HRIS team. Coach, mentor and provide leadership development to team members in order to achieve agreed upon service levels.
- Oversee the interviewing and hiring of team members, encouraging diversity of background and experience
- Communicate frequently and effectively with team members, leaders, stakeholders, and clients, both formally and informally
- Manage operational budget for the HR Systems Management team
- Creative problem-solving approach with a results-oriented, resource-reality aware mindset.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in related field preferred, however relevant work experience in lieu of formal education is acceptable.
- Previous director level management experience required. Experience managing and mentoring multiple direct reports, including across multiple geographic regions or remotely.
- Experience in a multi-unit, high growth retail or similar environment highly preferred.
- Experience with HRIS systems that support a large hourly staff population across multiple regions desired.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with HR Information Systems, including security and reporting tools
- Accomplished project management skills
- Proven experience in managing & collaborating with various large, complex teams in a matrixed
- Extensive working knowledge of global ERP systems and/or SaaS tools
- Knowledge of service center enabling technologies, including case management and knowledge base systems
- Ability to develop and maintain 3rd party vendor relationships and contracts, add input to relevant contract negotiations in partnership with procurement and legal colleagues as needed
- High-level proficiency with MS Office. Working knowledge of media monitoring and social listening tools. Skills to learn new computer programs and systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy, to collaborate, negotiate and communicate effectively and professionally with cross-functional partners at all levels in the company.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with project management and execution of initiatives across multiple locations and regions.
- Proven experience driving and executing strategic initiatives, policies, programs and projects that achieve measurable business results.
- Tools and Equipment Used (not all inclusive): This position works with standard office equipment and may be required to use the following tools and equipment when working in stores or offsite: box knife, baler, scanner, hand truck, POS, conveyer belt, industrial kitchen equipment (i.e. blast chiller, grill, knives/blades, oven, grills, scales, etc.), and basic housekeeping / janitorial items.
- This position works consistently at a light work level and may be asked to work on occasion at a medium or heavy work level when supporting stores or other offsite events. Frequently required to sit, walk, reach and grasp. Occasionally required to be on feet with a mix of standing and walking throughout shift. Up to occasionally, dependent on location, required to climb stairs, step stool and /or ladders.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.