Human Resource Generalist (Human Resource Analyst 2)
Apply online: https://bit.ly/3CL1DIK
Note: Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic this position will work from home until State offices are reopened. Once offices reopen this position is expected to have flexibility with a hybrid of some in office and remote work.
We are seeking an HR professional to join our Human Resources team at the Oregon Department of Education (ODE). If you enjoy being part of a collaborative team, building relationships and making a difference, this opportunity may be what you’re looking for!
What you will do!
In the 2021 Legislative Session, House Bill 3073 was passed and as a part of that legislation a new early learning agency –the Department of Early Learning and Care (DELC) – that consolidates all child care programs and early care and education programs in one place was formed. DELC will become operational in January of 2023. This is a very exciting and unprecedented time for the early learning public sector, opportunities to grow are endless, and this position is a part of supporting that work. This HR Generalist will provide direct support to DELC during this transition and will transition to the new agency in 2023.
As the HR Generalist assigned to DELC, you will provide a full range of duties including recruitment, classification, special leaves and employee records/data.
At ODE, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
We also offer a generous benefit package with:
- Excellent medical, vision and dental benefit package for the employee and qualified family members with very low monthly out-of-pocket cost. In addition to standard medical benefits and employee leave, the state also provides additional optional benefits, such as basic life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, deferred compensation savings program, and flexible spending accounts for health care and child care expenses.
- Paid days off –
- 11 paid holidays per year
- 3 additional paid “Personal Business Days” per year
- 8 hours of sick leave accumulated every month
- Progressive vacation leave accrual, starting at 10 hours per month, with increases every 5 years
Helpful links and contact information:
The Department of Education is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to a diverse workforce. The Department strives to create an inclusive environment that welcomes and values the diversity of the people we serve. We foster fairness, equity, and inclusion to create a workplace environment where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every one of our qualifications listed. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications of this position, please feel free to contact us to discuss your application.
- Address 255 Capitol Street NE, Salem, OR 97310