Johnstone Supply, Inc., the nation’s largest HVACR distribution Cooperative, has a great opportunity for an HR Payroll Specialist to join our team. Johnstone has been in business for over 60 years and has grown into an industry leader with over 450 store locations and over $3 billion in annual sales. We work with some of the largest companies in the world, including Daikin/Goodman, Honeywell, Emerson, Johnson Controls, and Fujitsu, to provide our customers with world class products, technical expertise, and quality service.
As a member of the HR Team, the HR Payroll Specialist is responsible for the support and maintenance of the Human Resources Information System, compiling information for reporting, HR-related payroll, and record-keeping functions.
HRIS and Records Maintenance:
- Maintains accurate payroll and HR database. Receives, enters and reviews all changes with proper approvals, questioning those that appear to be inaccurate and inconsistent with payroll timelines or company processes. Resolves issues by researching problems and working with key stakeholders to ensure the integrity of the database.
- Ensures HRIS data is provided accurately and consistently to other systems that use the data. Communicates HRIS requirements, changes or updates to stakeholders.
- Ensures information required for bi-weekly payroll processing is accurate, timely and completed in a manner consistent with company policies and ADP Standard Operating Procedures. Serves as the liaison with ADP in ensuring payroll is processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Reviews ADP reporting to ensure local, state, and federal payroll taxes are paid accurately and on time. Resolves any outstanding issues.
HR Reporting and Analytics:
- Creates and maintains payroll and HR Reports required by the business and to maintain compliance with federal, state and local requirements. Responds to ad hoc requests for payroll or HRIS data and reports, including audit support requests.
- Manages stakeholder access to reports and ensures they are knowledgeable in report information and parameters.
HR Team Support:
- Supports the team with project and administrative responsibilities. Serves as the liaison to ADP in responding to unemployment applications, and wage and employment verifications.
- Committed to continuous improvement efforts in the HR Department by identifying and acting on opportunities to fine tune processes, reports, forms, training, etc. Ensures procedures are documented and assists in cross-training others.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school (training in accounting preferable); At least 2 years knowledge of, and experience with, ADP Workforce Now; experience in human resources helpful; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of and ability to administer current HRIS platforms. ADP preferred.
- Skill in entering, obtaining, and manipulating data using computer databases.
- Ability to use Excel at the intermediate level
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages.
- Ability to interpret and apply company policy, Federal and State laws concerning payroll taxes, medical leave, hiring, and terminating employees.
- Ability to develop and use systems for organizing and keeping track of information.
- Ability to create, document and implement standardized procedures.
- Ability to recognize inconsistencies in information (ability to attend to details).
- Problem-solving skills: listening to, interpreting, and meeting the needs of others; define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; diagnosing and rectifying problems.
- Ability to create and deliver payroll-related procedural training.
- Ability to communicate information across different individuals, departments, and external parties.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
Johnstone Supply is strongly interested in hiring a great candidate that exhibits work behaviors & values that are conducive to building and maintaining a strong and effective company culture. These behaviors include:
- Customer Focused: Taking the perspective of who we serve into everything we do, anticipating their needs, and responding quickly.
- Own It: Focus on the goal and show initiative, with a sense of urgency and pride in doing things right the first time.
- One Team: We win together, with everyone playing their role and leveraging the strengths of the team.
- Innovate: Embracing and creating positive change to continuously improve and developing competitive, valuable solutions.
- Engage: Seek out and share information to make sure everyone is fully informed and aware of what they need to know to succeed.
Johnstone offers a competitive wage and benefits plan that includes medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, 401(k) with company match, and PTO after 90 days. Our commitment to continuous improvement & investment in our people is only matched by our commitment to superior customer experience. If you are ready to take the next step in your career, apply now.
Visit our website https://www.johnstonesupply.com/our-history for more information about our growing company.
EOE & E-Verify Participating Employer.
- Address 11632 NE Ainsworth Cir., Portland, OR 97211