Human Resources Assistant
Due to continued growth, Educational Opportunities for Children and Families (EOCF) is looking for the next great addition to our team. The Human Resources Assistant provides a variety of HR administrative support to our employees and HR Team. This full-time, benefited position is based in Vancouver, WA.
If you have exceptional customer service, organizational and communication skills– we would like to hear from you!
What can EOCF offer you?
- A competitive compensation package
- Benefits including 401(k), employee medical, dental, vision, life and EAP
- Vacation to support work/life balance
- Continuing education is encouraged and supported
- A fantastic office and location! Our office is located in southeast Vancouver, WA—a short distance from restaurants, walking areas and coffee shops; this is an onsite position
- Work that is fast-paced and rewarding
- A caring team that is supportive, friendly and inclusive
- A positive, community-focused organizational culture
What skills can you bring to the EOCF team?
- One to two years of general office support or Human Resources experience; nonprofit background is preferred but not required.
- Basic principles and practices of human resources.
- General office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Basic rules and principles of grammar, written and verbal communication, and mathematics.
- Responsive, welcoming and effective customer service skills; a great communicator, listener and relationship builder
- Ability to organize, coordinate, multi-task and complete work accurately while meeting deadlines
- Responsible with strong work ethic, integrity and reliability
- Demonstrated ability to professionally and securely maintain confidential information
- Cheerfully and calmly handles interruptions and competing priorities; flexible; adapts well to changing needs
- Use of MS Office (Word and Excel) and Database entry
- Experience with other computer technology preferred including HRIS
Who is Educational Opportunities for Children and Families (EOCF)?
EOCF is the leading provider of comprehensive early childhood education and family support programs in Southwest Washington. EOCF serves more than 1,350 children and families EOCF’s service areas include Clark County, Long Beach in Pacific County, and the Woodland portion of Cowlitz County. Our mission: To connect, empower, and transform the lives of children and families.
What Programs does EOCF offer?
- Head Start and Early Head Start classes
- Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP)- curriculum for work with children and parents/guardians.
- Family Engagement Programs develops partnerships with EOCF staff and families
- Sponsorship of the Vancouver HotShots Youth Sports basketball program for grades 1-6
What is it like to work at EOCF?
Our culture is one of:
- The highest ethics
- Integrity and service, promoting core values where employees, children and families are accepted, included, important, safe and secure
If you are interested in this outstanding opportunity, please apply via at
We invite you to learn more about Educational Opportunities for Children and Families (EOCF) by visiting: www.eocfwa.org
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.