The purpose of this position is to provide technical and advanced administrative support in the areas of
HRIS, benefits, pension, and general administration. May provide support to training and leave administration.
This is a full-time, regular, non-exempt position. The schedule for this position is M-F, 8am to 5pm.
Posting is open until filled. First review is on September 16, 2022.
- Enter information into Human Resource Information System (HRIS) including new hires, job changes, pay changes, etc. Create and/or update procedures. Ensure accuracy of supporting documentation for changes. Audit other team member’s entries.
- Serve as LEOFF 1 Pension Board Coordinator. Coordinate monthly meetings with Board including packet preparation, taking minutes, processing medical claims/reimbursement; assisting pensioners with medically necessary requests for Board review; calculate and enter pensioner salaries; research new laws/trends in pension administration; implement changes to pension board rules.
- Perform advanced administrative support including, but not limited to, updating Human Resources’ internal and external websites, updating forms and education materials, updating policies/procedures, and processing bills.
- Assist employees with general benefits questions; act as backup to benefits assistant including performing new hire orientations, conducting separation benefit meetings, processing monthly benefits bills, entering benefits into the HRIS, and assisting with benefits processing monthly benefits bills, entering benefits into the HRIS, and assisting with benefits fairs/open enrollment meetings.
- Provide administrative support for various Human Resources programs; annual open enrollment
- Partner with other groups to test updates and changes in the HRIS enterprise system;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Experience and Education
- Three (3) years Increasingly responsible administrative experience, including at least one (1) year working in employee benefits using HRIS.
- Equivalent to a Associate’s Degree with coursework in human resources, business, public administration or a closely related field.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience with human resource information systems.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; OneDrive; Teams); Adobe Acrobat Pro; SharePoint
- Address Vancouver, WA