Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential.
We’re seeking a temporary Human Resources Associate to join our team for a 3-6 month assignment! As an HR Associate, you’ll provide front-line support to department professional staff, employees, managers, and outside parties on a wide range of Human Resources (HR) functions. You will be part of our team responsible for processing transactions that span the employment life-cycle from recruiting and onboarding to job changes and terminations, tracking and maintaining all employee data, and ensuring compliance with all Agency policies and practices. This position is primarily remote, but may require occasional in-office support. You will provide support Monday-Friday for this temporary assignment that we anticipate lasting three to six months.
All Kerr employees are required to be fully vaccinated or meet the requirements for a medical or religious exception prior to beginning work.
- HR Service Center Support. Front-line customer service for HR department. Processes all employee transactions and assists employees and managers in understanding Agency policies and practices. Maintains positive employee relations through excellent customer service with a helpful and professional demeanor.
- New Hire Hiring & Onboarding. Ensures applications are received, tracked, and processed in a timely manner. Coordinates new hire processing and onboarding. Qualified Entity Designee (QED) for DHS Background Checks. Determines qualifications for hire and approves or denies potential employees based on Background Check guidelines. Inputs new hire, payroll, and employee data and assists with new employee orientation and similar tasks.
- Administrative Support & Record-Keeping. Establishes and maintains personnel records and other HR files. Assists with the distribution and collection of HR information. Administers various HR processes or programs as assigned. Generates scheduled and ad hoc reports. Provides general administrative support.
- Additional Duties. Attends HR related trainings. Maintains accurate knowledge of current HR practices and agency policies. Serves on committees or attends meetings related to HR activities or projects. Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of office experience, with at least one year in human resources highly preferred.
- Knowledge of database software, email systems, and office software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Good organizational skills and time management.
- Solution-focused problem solver.
- Ability to obtain DHS Qualified Entity Designee (QED) status.
- Address Portland, OR