Salary Range: $65,674 – $78,419
How To Apply: Visit www.pps.net/jobs and apply to job #22520.
Portland Public Schools (PPS) is seeking a Benefits Associate to join our Human Resources Department to determine benefit eligibility, assist employees with questions and enrollment for medical, pharmacy, dental, vision, life and other benefits, and audit and reconcile benefits and premium related data. If you are a great communicator, technically savvy, organized, understand the importance of providing client centered customer service, and can respond to a high volume of inquiries and requests in a fast paced and complex benefits environment, we want you to apply. At PPS, every employee, despite having different roles, is an educator! We want an educator who models the core PPS Educator Essentials, and who brings a commitment to racial equity, inclusion, and social justice.
- Two (2) years or more direct benefits experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, sociology, or a related field
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities may be considered.
Preferred but not Required
- Experience working in a public agency
- Experience working in a union environment
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft excel skills
- Experience working with or in a culturally diverse community or in a school district
Cover Letter Request: In your cover letter, please share how your demonstrated skills, strengths and professional experiences have prepared you to lead in this role as the Benefits Associate II at Portland Public School District. Please outline your role in administering employee benefits and include the size and type of employer, type and number of plans offered, and number of union groups if applicable.
First screening will occur on June 25, 2021 at 3:00pm.
- Address 501 N Dixon Street