Serve as HR Business Partner assigned to business unit(s) with responsibility for organizational development, workforce planning, change navigation, talent acquisition, and performance management activities. Identify and provide client-focused solutions that drive effective business results through the alignment of human resources best practices to strategic business goals. Responsible for identifying and supporting efforts to raise the level of organizational performance.
Ensure a commitment to safety through consistent and professional behaviors in performance of job requirements that demonstrate safety is a fundamental value that guides all aspects of our work.
1. Work collaboratively with subject matter experts in Labor Relations, Compensation, Benefits, Recruiting and other disciplines to fulfill the Division’s mission to create a workplace where talented people want to come, stay and thrive.
2. Work with leadership to identify key business objectives and the human resources needed to meet those objectives. Help leadership align short and long-term business and human resources objectives and workplans.
3. Identify strategic objectives for staffing, professional development, talent development and succession planning, diversity, productivity programs, attendance, compensation and benefits, etc.
4. Work with leaders/managers to plan, develop and implement effective people strategies that create a culture focused on safety, accountability, customer service, collaboration and teamwork.
5. Work with leaders/managers to support their team’s development and growth. Provide guidance on strategies to effectively manage employee performance, reduce the risk of employment litigation, increase employee morale, and optimize turnover.
6. Promote positive reinforcement in performance management as a way to retain the best talent and create a positive work environment that increases individual and team performance. Monitor the effectiveness of these strategies and adjust them as needed.
7. Conduct workplace investigations and ADA interactive process assessments, as needed.
8. Partner with executive leaders to develop organizational design strategies.
9. Consult with leaders/managers to diagnose and analyze current and future talent needs, develop a strategic workforce plan, and guide execution of the plan.
10. Assist managers with developing and implementing organizational development and change management initiatives.
11. Use results of employee work climate surveys to implement improvements, as appropriate.
12. Ensure policies, procedures and practices comply with employment laws and align with the organization’s strategic goals.
13. Partner with subject matter experts to coach and train leaders and managers on human resources issues and best practices. Coach managers to effectively utilize HR systems and procedures to the benefit of the divisions supported.
14. Participate in HR process improvement efforts and cross-functional teams to ensure processes are streamlined and meet client expectations.
15. Analyze and share internal trends and best practices with leaders/managers to ensure the organization remains competitive and able to attract/retain qualified employees.
16. Lead talent acquisition efforts for senior positions within divisions supported.
17. Participate in professional development sessions or seminars. Work on special projects. Lead special and cross-functional project teams.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Organizational Development, Business Management or related field.
- A minimum of ten (10) years total credited experience.* Related HR Business Partnering/Organizational Development experience required.
- PHR, SPHR, or other professional certification preferred.
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
*The amount of credit a candidate receives for prior years of experience is based on the relevancy of that experience to the required or preferred prerequisites of the job description. Experience is prorated based on hours worked. LRHR assigns and validates the “credited experience.”
Type of Position / Grade / FLSA:
Grade 17, Exempt, Non-Union, Full-Time
Selection Process – Candidates will be selected based at a minimum on the result of:
1. Application Review/ Please Include: Cover Letter and Resume
2. Panel Interviews
3. Reference Check
Requisition ID: req475
Department: Human Resources Management
Campus: DC-Downtown Center
Employment Type: Administrative-Full Time
Best Consideration Date: For best consideration, apply by October 23, 2019; applications received after this date are not guaranteed a review
We invite you to join our team of highly experienced professionals engaged in supporting employees, coaching and partnering with managers and protecting our College from risk. PCC is a learning organization and its employees are comprised of a community of life-long learners.
In this position, you will serve on a leadership team as an internal consultant to College managers to provide strategic and hands- on counsel and support on a broad range of long-term and day- to-day human resources and employee/labor relations matters, including those of significant complexity. You will act as a liaison between the HR Department and your assigned campus and/or department(s) to facilitate communication and to ensure the coordination of human resources functions.
This is one of five Business Partner (HR Representative) positions on a team of eight employee relations staff. While you will function independently as a business partner with the departments you serve, you are also part of a highly collaborative and supportive team.
See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/management-jobs/hr-rep/
These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
- Demonstrated success in supporting employee relations activities in a unionized environment, including negotiating and settling employment disputes.
- Demonstrated understanding of the value of diversity, equity and inclusion, and can show the impact of this understanding on their professional work; demonstrated ability to address equity and inclusion as a priority in employee relations.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise persuasion and influence in complex and sensitive situations within all levels of the organization to affect decisions and outcomes that align with best practices.
- Demonstrated success or ability to work effectively in a large, complex organization.
- Experience which demonstrates a broad knowledge of public sector labor laws, and of state and federal employment laws (such as FMLA, OFLA, ADA, FLSA, EEO, TIX, PECBA and USERRA).
- Demonstrated ability to provide clear and accurate information on complex subjects including contract interpretation, policy and procedure and legal matters.
- Ability to analyze, extrapolate and apply principles, practices and processes to varying situations.
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or a related field (relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis).
- Five years of recent professional human resources experience at the senior level, which includes broad generalist experience in the development and delivery of comprehensive Human Resources services.
- Two years of experience conducting employee and labor relations activities.
Position Grade: K
Starting Salary Expectations
Minimum $67,189 to range mid-point of $82,307. Placement generally will not exceed the mid-point, based on qualifications, experience and internal equity.
Position Grade Salary Range
$67189 to $97423 Annual Salary
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee’s Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. After one year of management or confidential service, PCC also provides a 2% contribution to a 403(b) account for eligible management and confidential personnel. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age, as well as partial tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
Paid Leave: (Pro-rated by FTE for Part-Time Employees)
- 67 hours of vacation leave per month
- 1 day of sick leave per month
- 11 holidays
- 3 additional personal leave days per year
For a complete list of PCC benefits, please visit http://www.pcc.edu/hr.benefits
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Work is generally performed in an office environment, with frequent interruptions and irregularities in the work schedule. Frequent reaching, sitting, walking, and standing may be required. No special coordination beyond that used for normal mobility and handling of everyday objects and materials is needed to perform the job. Incumbents are required to work and maintain offices at more than one location. Frequent travel within the college district is required. Occasional early morning, evening and/or weekend work may be required.
Background Check Required: Yes
Portland Community College complies with the Oregon Veterans’ Preference in Public Employment law which provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment. You will be given instructions during the application process to claim Veterans’ Preference in the recruitment of this position, and to provide the documents required for verification of eligibility. Please do not send your documentation to the hiring manager directly. For verification of eligibility, please submit the following documentation:
- Veterans: DD214
- Disabled Veterans: DD214 and Letter from the Department of VA
Portland Community College is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected class.
You are an influencer and problem solver. You demonstrate flexibility with communication style. You can see the big picture and can translate vision into actionable advice. The OnPoint HR team is looking for a new member to provide amazing service to our employees.
OnPoint Community Credit Union has a new opportunity for an HR Business Partner. The ideal candidate will be insightful, business orientated, and able to address root cause issues while addressing day to day needs. This new position will learn the organization thoroughly in order to effectively guide the employee relations, employee surveys, policy development, and training. Critical success factors for this role include the ability to influence, project management, ability to complete objectives, management of multiple deadlines, and responsiveness to daily organization and employee relations needs.
- Provides front line support for employee and manager needs, including general counseling, performance guidance, employee relations decision making support, investigations and end-of-employment situations. Seeks to address root-causes and resolves employee relations issues with a systemic approach.
- Consults with leaders on best practices and the development of their staff into a high performing team.
- As a key HR consultant to leaders, understands the factors driving financial performance of the business, possesses the ability to diagnose issue that may have underlying human resources implications and drives solutions for change and business or financial impact.
- Administers the performance management program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization. May assist with merit planning.
- Assesses and implements programs (e.g. employee surveys, exit interviews) to continuously seek employee feedback and uses data to recommend and implement employee attraction and retention programs.
- Administers leaves of absence in conjunction with Benefits for client group.
- Uses insight, influence, and accountability to find creative new solutions to complex problems and implement effectively.
- Partners with Organizational Effectiveness in the identification, development and delivery of training and development in support of HR and organizational needs.
- Identifies legal requirements and government regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance and communicated.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus three to five years or equivalent experience in human resources management and leadership support.
- Demonstrated competency in at least two areas of Human Resources (e.g. Employee relations, training, employee development, compensation, benefits, performance management, EEO, recruiting, HRIS data analysis, talent management, succession planning) preferably in a financial services organization.
- Thorough knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity laws, ADA, leaves of absence, and other government compliance regulations that affect the employment arena.
- Thorough situational consultative/facilitative, problem-solving, group presentation, and group process skills.
- Demonstrated progression in supporting business lines as an HR Consultant/Business Partner or comparable position.
- Proven ability to provide a strategic perspective pertaining to the creation, implementation, and evaluation of business initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to influence all levels of leadership and to build and leverage internal and external networks and resources.
- Proven problem-solving and organizational consulting skills.
Please apply on our careers page by clicking on this link: www.onpointcu.com/careers
- Address 2701 NW Vaughn St, Suite 800 Portland, OR 97210
- External File