Human Resources Consultant
For over 100 years, we’ve manufactured innovative, battle-proven optics products for the world’s most relentless hunters, shooters, law enforcement and military professionals. We design, build and test our best-in-class products with a single minded focus – to make sure they’ll perform forever.
At Leupold and Stevens we’re American to the Core and passionate about what we do. Product excellence and uncompromising quality are our top priorities. We’ve built a collaborative, high performance culture where team players with innovative ideas and a sense of urgency thrive. Our benefits package is amazing – affordable health and dental insurance, a strong commitment to training and professional development including an internal skills development program for all manufacturing team members, a generous tuition reimbursement program, company contributions up to 8% of base pay into a 401K retirement account, profit sharing, and product discounts to name a few.
In this role you’ll manage people and culture programs and processes that focus on compliance and employee relations, however you’ll have opportunities for involvement in other Human Resources functional areas, for example training and development, based upon your strengths and interests. You’ll partner with all levels of leadership on a wide range of Human Resource topics and initiatives in support of Company objectives.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- In partnership with leadership and team members across the company you will strive to make Leupold & Stevens a great place to work, a place where highly talented, engaged, and performance-driven individuals select L&S as their employer of choice.
- Develop and implement employee engagement and high performance strategies.
- Educate, provide guidance, and promote the use of our Continuous Feedback System.
- Coach and advice leaders on performance management/employee relations topics, applying collaborative problem solving, conflict management strategies, and creativity in developing recommendations.
- Coach, counsel and provides career development support to team members.
- Conduct employee relations interventions and investigations.
- Develop, maintain and ensure compliance with people related policies and procedures.
- Act as a facilitator and liaison to ensure compliance with all applicable laws/regulations.
- Provide guidance and direction on FMLA and OFLA protected leaves.
- Complete compliance reporting activities.
- Participate in other areas of Human Resources functional areas based upon strengths and interests. For example, you may facilitate leadership training, conduct team member training, and be involved in the development and implementation of a skills development program (in-house apprenticeship program).
Skills and Experience You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, HR Management or a related field. 4+ year’s progressive experience in a human resources function. Experience working proactively and positively with employees at all levels across the organization on effectively improving performance.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment ideal.
- Advanced degree or professional certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of human resources concepts and principles. Experience with developing, planning and executing human resources programs.
- Thorough knowledge and experience applying federal, state, and local laws and regulations that impact HR practices using a practical, business oriented approach.
- Ability to understand business issues and partner with leadership to develop creative HR strategies and solutions.
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of L&S team members.
- Strong leadership, decision making, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively work on challenges that aren’t black and white and to come up with out of the box solutions.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions to achieve outcomes that support business objectives.
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office suite of products, (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Experience with web-based HRIS and Applicant Tracking systems a plus.
For details on positions and to apply, go to:
Leupold & Stevens, Inc.
14400 NW Greenbrier Parkway
Beaverton, Oregon 97006
* Leupold & Stevens, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the Company’s policy to recruit and select the most qualified candidate for any job openings. Our selection and promotion decisions are made on factors such as demonstrated ability, experience and training without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
* With our commitment to make our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities, we will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for an individual applicant to participate in the job application process. To request an accommodation to the application process, please send an email to HRDept@Leupold.com or call (503) 646-9171 and a Leupold & Stevens representative will contact you.
* Leupold & Stevens, Inc. is a drug free workplace. All final candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
* Leupold & Stevens, Inc. complies with all applicable FAR & DFAR regulations.
* We hire U.S. citizens and persons lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. All new employees must complete an INS Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9) and be able to provide verification of their status as a Non-Foreign person as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations, Section 120.14- 120.16.
- Address 14400 NW Greenbrier Parkway
- External File Final-Posting-Human-Resources-Consultant.doc