It is an exciting time at SRG! We are currently seeking a Human Resources Coordinator to join our People & Culture Team. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience and a passion for being a culture champion and creating elevated team member experiences. This newly created position will start out working remotely and will be based out of our Portland studio.
SRG was founded nearly 50 years ago on a simple idea: partnership as both our name and an attitude that shapes everything we do. Partnerships define how we engage our clients, how we work with each other and how we build our teams. Our NW roots contribute to this outlook through a deep appreciation for the natural beauty that surrounds us and a pioneering spirit that drives us forward. This attitude is expressed in our work design that is inventive, deeply sustainable and based on the best ideas to achieve our clients’ highest aspirations.
We are currently working remotely to serve our clients and pursue and win work. We are actively recruiting some key positions to add to our talented team. Our SRG culture is thriving in our virtual environment with many opportunities to connect and engage with the team and contribute to our culture and firm success.
When we are ready to start utilizing our studio spaces, our offices in Seattle, Washington and Portland, Oregon both feature a light-filled, design-studio environment that supports inclusive communication, integration of disciplines and shared learning. With 75 employees, we are both nimble and able to tackle projects of any scale. We embrace a wide range of different perspectives in our culture and our work, which leads to new and innovative ways of thinking, and ultimately, to better design. Our experience has shown that by working together we can invent a better future.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborates closely with the Direct of People & Culture, Studio Communications Manager and other SRGers to deliver positive experiences for current and future SRG team members.
- Manages Team member leaves of absences including communications, required notices, tracking and coordination with payroll team.
- Administers and supports our Annual Reviews Program.
- In conjunction with Director of People & Culture, participates and provides support for our Culture Team, JEDI Community, and other culture activities/programs.
- Acting as an employee advocate and culture champion.
- Develops and delivers on-boarding and learning programs for our newest SRGers that provides awe and delight!
- Initiates and processes Team member on-boarding and exit paperwork.
- Updates our internal listings and other systems as needed.
- Works closely with external HR service provider to process new hires, separations and changes for payroll and benefits.
- Supports our annual benefits open enrollment.
- Identifies opportunities and skills gaps to develop learning programs that elevate our Team and workplace culture.
- Maintains our electronic and paper employee records including occasional audits to ensure complete records and compliance.
- Provides back-up for Admin Team and Studio Front Desk reception.
- Contributes to other People & Culture projects and initiatives as needed.
- Communicates and adheres to our policies, procedures, laws and standards.
What you bring:
- 3+ years of professional experience in Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related, highly desired.
- Basic understanding of HR best practices, employment laws and regulations.
- Experience with managing leave, benefits and recruiting.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience with cloud-based HR programs a plus.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal and comfortable presenting in virtual and in-person settings.
- Confidence to share point of view in a respectful way and using influence to ensure HR best practices.
- Strong people skills, a positive attitude and ability to build trust.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with professionalism and establish appropriate professional boundaries using discretion in all matters.
- Self-starter, inquisitive learner, and collaborative team player.
- Organized, detail oriented and good record keeping skills.
SRG offers a highly engaging, collaborative environment that supports learning and growth experiences and a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Paid Time Off
- Community Volunteering Time
- Paid Inclusive Holidays
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Access to Voluntary Benefits – 401(k) Retirement Plan, Short-Term Disability, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance and Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Account
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired are required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete the required employment eligibility verification form.
SRG is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.