Human Resources Director
Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client, a company located in Woodland, WA to identify a Human Resources Director. This is an onsite, full-time, direct-hire role. As the Human Resources Director, you will report directly to the Vice President, Human Resources and will manage 4-5 direct reports. To succeed, you will need a flexible skill set, including the ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and collaborate across teams, levels, and situations. The ideal candidate has a strategic mindset, outstanding people skills to assist with building culture, change management, and the ability to improve and implement strategies that measurably support business objective for the company.
• Build strong relationships with corporate and Woodland manufacturing leadership and employees.
• Work with leaders and employees to identify, establish, and maintain a positive work environment and authentic culture which encourages diversity, inclusion, and belonging.
• Investigate and resolve issues such as working conditions, performance management, and employee concerns/issues. Provide guidance and recommendations for resolution to leadership.
• Coach and develops management staff to understand policies and processes related to disciplinary situations.
• Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, and employment law; applies this knowledge to ensure compliance and recommend changes in policy, practice, and resources to VP of HR.
• Support all changes and communication related to HR systems, policies, programs and/or processes that impact corporate and global workforce.
• Lead, implement, and support companywide HR programs/events.
• In partnership with regional HR Managers and corporate recruiter lead, drive and execute talent acquisition strategies and processes while maintaining outstanding candidate experience and ensuring the selection, hiring, and onboarding of top talent.
• Oversee, motivate, support, and manage the daily workflow of direct reports and area of responsibility
• Assist with planning and directing the overall design, implementation, communication, and administration of WTI’s health and welfare plans. Support the development of new initiatives to establish competitive and cost- effective benefit plans.
• Maintain current knowledge of benefit related rules and regulations including ERISA, HIPPA, ACA, COBRA, ADA, etc. and fulfills compliance and reporting requirements.
• Ensure all statutory filings are made to deadline, meeting all mandatory and good practice guidelines.
• Ensure corporate payroll and benefit processes are consistent, efficient, and accurate.
• Oversee full-cycle HR processes, including new hire paperwork, separation of employment and employee changes.
• Ensure all HR systems are implemented and are working effectively across the organization.
• Participate in the development and communication of HR metrics.
• Support the design of compensation plans, policies, and initiatives. Assists with data collection and analysis processes that support research and market, pay equity and other compensation studies.
• Continually challenge and improve the programs, policies, practices, and process associated with meeting the strategic and operational goals of the organization.
• Bachelor’s Degree Human Resources or related field
• 10 + years of broad-based HR generalist experience managing multiple HR key functions and/or multiple sites
• 3+ years managing a HR team
• SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential
• Proven experience in the key functional areas of: Talent Management, Benefits and Compensation, Payroll
• Experience modernizing and simplifying HR processes and function
• Experience with UKG software preferred
• Previous leadership over an HR implementation a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Highly organized and detailed oriented
• Ability to build relationships throughout the organizational structure
• Superior interpersonal/people skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent managerial skills and ability to evaluate the work of others
• Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret and communicate data
• Thorough knowledge of HR related federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Address Woodland, WA