Human Resources Director
Mirabella Portland is seeking a dynamic and experienced Human Resources Director with outstanding people skills to join our leadership team. This is a hands on position with one direct report (HR Assistant) and corporate support. As a team, you will work to ensure our programs and initiatives are effective, efficient, and aligned for our nonprofit organization. In total, we employ a diverse team of roughly 220 staff members. In this position you will play a highly active role in initiating, maintaining, completing and supporting all Human Resources initiatives, processes, and strategies.
Mirabella Portland, a part of Pacific Retirement Services, is a beautiful not-for-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) located in the South Waterfront.
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Sick, & Holiday Pay, Scholarship Opportunities, 401k with Company Match, Free Monthly TriMet Pass, Employee Meals, Free 24 hour access to Fitness/Gym and Pool Facilities.
What You Will Do:
- Proactively partner with the operations team to develop people strategies and best practices to support the organization’s long term strategic growth.
- Develop, update and manage Human Resource policies and procedures. Communicate changes in the organization’s policies and procedures and ensure proper compliance is followed.
- Lead community talent acquisition initiatives with regional recruiting support. Assess hiring practices and implement retention strategies.
- Manage employee relations, internal investigations and performance management. Work closely with leaders to advise, counsel, provide coaching, career development, disciplinary actions support. Work with management and employees to provide consultation and guidance to improve work relationships, build moral and increase productivity and retention.
- Provide strategic management as integral part of the community leadership team.
- Direct benefits administration, the annual enrollment process and Leave tracking.
- Manage Employee Onboarding and Orientation.
- Oversee Workers’ Compensation and Return-to-work Programs.
- Responsible for Risk Management and Legal Compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Research, analyze and manage community compensation program and strategy.
- Facilitate, coordinate, and manage supervisor training, management coaching and leadership development.
- Supervise the Human Resources Assistant.
- Help create a team building program and enrich the company culture (recognition systems, milestone celebrations, engagement, etc.).
What you’ll need:
- High work ethic
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Oregon state and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Strategic thinking capabilities.
- Results oriented approach.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience as a Human Resources generalist or manager with background across all disciplines: talent acquisition, performance management, compensation, recognition, benefits, employee relations, employment law, and compliance.
- Demonstrated progressive leadership experience in Human Resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field.
- Human Resources Certifications (SHRM-CP or HRCI-PHR)
- Prior experience in retirement living, healthcare settings, and/or in the hospitality industry is preferred.
- Organized strategic thinker with ability to do big picture analysis.
- Collaborative individual who is able to effectively communicate complex Human Resources regulations to management and front-line staff in an accessible way.
- Knowledge of current developments in Federal and Oregon Employment Law.
- Experience with Oregon Workers’ Compensation regulations and processes.
- Experience with Benefits Administration and ACA administration and compliance.
- Strong Computer skills – MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook.
- Strong Time Management skills.
- Proven track record in management/employee coaching and documentation.