Since 1968, Outside In has transformed thousands of lives by helping break the cycles of chronic homelessness, poverty, and poor health among Portland’s LGBTQIA+ community, people of color, those experiencing homelessness, and the underserved. Our health clinic and young adult programs strive to meet people where they are and provide safe, affirming spaces for our community to receive judgment-free care and support.
We are seeking a mission-driven HR Director who is experienced in employee and labor relations to lead our amazing and talented HR staff and work with our Leadership Team in advancing the strategic priorities and direction of the organization as we work together in carrying out our mission.
- Experienced in working in a Union environment, managing complex issues in both Labor and Employee Relations.
- Have a strong equity lens and have experience working with diverse communities and individuals.
- Enjoy solving problems and working collaboratively on solutions.
- Have a good knowledge base of employment laws, leave laws and wage and hour laws.
- Believe that Human Resources can be a positive influence in the workplace and has the power to contribute positively to a workplace culture.
- Believe that employees should be listened to and valued.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working with the Executive Director and the DEI Committee to advance DEI work throughout the organization in our everyday actions and work and resolve equity related concerns.
- Be part of the Leadership Team and contribute to discussions around equity, the budget, mission and strategic operation of the organization.
- Building and maintaining a collaborative relationship with the Union. We are in the process of implementing our first contract.
- Working with and managing the HR team (three people) to develop HR systems, such as performance management, refining the onboarding process, improving training and other systems and processes.
People of color, individuals with lived experience similar to the experiences of our clients, women, non-binary, transgender and LGBTQIA+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Please apply online here:
Or go to www.outsidein.org, about us, employment
- Address Outside In, 1132 SW 13th Avenue, Portland OR 97205