Job Posting: Human Resources Director
Cedar Sinai Park is currently seeking an HR Director experienced in building strong HR teams. The Human Resources Director is responsible for directing all of the people functions of the organization in accordance with the policies and practices of Cedar Sinai Park. The incumbent is responsible for the strategic human resource planning needed to provide the organization with the best people talent available and to position the organization as the employer of choice by being aware of policies, practices and trends within the industry.
Make a difference every day. Essential Functions Include:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates CSP’s human resource function and performance.
- Participates in the development of the organization’s plans and programs as a strategic partner, but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Translates the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the organization.
- Oversees staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility. Identifies appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization.
- Develops progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
- Develops programs to allow the organization to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
- Develops human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs to fill the identified gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities, and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of CSP and the industry we work within.
- Continually assesses the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Develops appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the organization. Included in this area would be programs for employee relations, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development, among others.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements and enforces HR policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization. In particular, manages the human resource information systems database and directs necessary reporting for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of CSP.
- Maintains knowledge of HR policies, programs, laws and issues.
- Provides technical advice and knowledge to others within the human resource discipline.
- Manages other areas such as relocation, employee communication, and community relations.
- Manages the budget and other financial measures of the HR department.
- Continues improving the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issues of the organization.
- Evaluates the HR division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as for providing individuals with professional and personal growth opportunities.
- This position manages all employees of the HR department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Business Acumen.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Leadership & Navigation.
- Relationship Management.
Working Environment & Physical Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones. May be exposed to confused, belligerent or physically aggressive residents, may be exposed to contagious diseases and mental stress. Manual dexterity, good vision, hearing required. Subject to frequent interruptions.
We have high standards. Qualifications Include:
Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years’ related experience or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. PHR or equivalent required.
The candidate we are seeking is an individual interested being part of leading a team with a positive approach to working with others, supports the charge of love, honor, respect, and who applies this to all interactions with others including board members, co-workers, community members, residents, clients, family members and visitors.
This is a special place. Cedar Sinai Park is a Portland based non-profit that provides residential and community-based care to our elders and adults with special needs allowing them to live with comfort, independence and dignity in a manner and environment based on Jewish values. We have a person-centered approach to care at the heart of our mission which empowers both residents and staff to be their best. The scenic Cedar Sinai Campus is known for its lush green trees, walking trails and historic significance to the local community. We have been serving the Portland community for 100 years!
We care about people. In addition to great working conditions and our friendly staff and residents, Cedar Sinai Park offers opportunities for fulfilling work, career growth and the satisfaction of knowing that you’ve made a difference. We offer a comprehensive benefit package including a 403b matching retirement plan, flexible spending account and employer paid long-term disability benefit. All benefited employees are eligible to receive paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits. Each employee is entitled to one free meal each shift that they work.
Love, Honor, Respect. Cedar Sinai Park is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, gender identification, age, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, uniformed services status, or any other state or federally protected classifications. No application will be rejected as a result of a disability that, with reasonable accommodation, does not prevent performance of the essential job duties. Please see job description for full list of responsibilities, requirements and related information.
Please apply on our website at https://cedarsinaipark.org/ under the Careers tab!
- Address 6125 SW Boundary Street Portland Oregon 97223