Human Resources Director
DKS is proud to be 100% employee-owned with a commitment to making a meaningful difference in our communities. As part of the DKS team you will be part of a collaborative environment where every employee-owner is encouraged to share ideas and participate in strategic discussions focused on shaping the future of transportation and of our firm. At DKS we put our employee-owners first. We realize our unique and diverse employee-owners are the heart of our firm. Not only do we work hard to accomplish our goals, we also play hard to celebrate our victories! We welcome the opportunity for you to become an employee-owner of DKS!
The HR Director reports directly to the DKS President and works closely with the DKS Executive Team, Directors, and Managers. The successful candidate will have the ability to gain and maintain trust at all levels within the organization as well as the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. The HR Director is integral to the leadership of DKS and is an active member of the DKS Strategic Plan Management Team.
What will you be doing:
- Leads the development and management of HR goals, objectives, and systems.
- Integrates, promotes, and educates employee ownership through all programs, policies and communication avenues as necessary.
- Manages the Employee Owner Development Program.
- Supports the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants.
- In conjunction with the COO and Managing Directors, responsible for development and implementation of overall recruiting strategy.
- Oversees the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Continually monitors all Human Resource policies, programs. Keeps management informed of new developments.
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale, engagement, and retention.
- Partners with management to communicate HR policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
- Conducts investigations, addresses, and resolves complaints when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Reviews, guides, and provides opinions to management recommendations for employment terminations.
- Monitors and advises managers in performance management plans. Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with low-performing employees.
- Manages all Visa and immigration related issues associated with staffing.
- In conjunction with the COO, establishes the company wage and salary structure (including strategy), pay policies, and provides input to the variable pay systems within the company including bonuses and raises. Reviews offers and assists in compensation negotiations through the recruiting process to ensure equal pay practices.
- Leads company use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, 401k/ESOP administrators, and other outside sources.
- Leads company compliance and reporting related to EEO, ADA, FMLA, ERISA, DOL, Workers Compensation, OSHA, and so forth. Maintains minimal exposure to lawsuits.
- Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance with laws. Serves as primary contact with the company employment law attorney and outside government agencies.
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Develops and administers company-wide programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company.
- Establishes measurements that support the accomplishment of the company’s strategic goals.
- Manages employee internal communication and feedback through avenues such as company-wide meetings, staff meetings, employee engagement surveys, newsletters, one-on-one meetings, brown bag lunches, and Intranet use.
- Supports the President in communication with employees aligned with vision, mission, goals, values, policies, and the strategic plan of the company.
- Identifies and monitors the organization’s culture so that it supports the attainment of the company’s goals and promotes employee engagement.
- Keep the executive team informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of company goals, as well as those that are not being addressed adequately at the management level.
- Acts as an advisor to company-wide committees including the ESOP Communication Committee, DEI Committee, and Wellness Committee.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, or related field.
- Ten years or more of progressive Human Resources experience with at least 3 of those years being in a senior-level management or director position.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate, proactively manage, and implement organizational change in alignment with the business needs.
- Proven experience integrating core values of an organization into the culture.
- Lead and direct organizational functions related to human resources and other business disciplines.
- Influence peers and executive team members and build healthy relationships at all levels within an organization.
What are our Benefits?
DKS offers its employee-owners a comprehensive benefits package. We have designed a benefit plan we are proud of. One that encourages happy, healthy, and engaged employee-owners. We offer:
- Vacation & Sick Leave
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Employer paid Disability, Life, & AD&D Insurance Coverage
- 100% DKS paid Medical for our employee-owners
- 80% DKS paid Medical for spouse and dependents of our employee-owners
- Extremely affordable Dental, & Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Account (Health Care & Dependent Care), Transit Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account Options
- Transit Subsidy
- Pre-tax Commuter Option
- DKS funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401k Pre-tax and Roth options
This position, for the time being, will have the option to work remotely.
Employees will be required to provide proof of COVID vaccination or have an approved medical or religious exemption. We comply with all State and Federal laws related to disability and religious accommodation requests.
DKS Associates is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.
To apply, visit our career page at https://www.dksassociates.com/careers-2/.