Holland Partner Group is seeking an experienced Human Resources Generalist to join our Human Resources Team!
The Human Resources Generalist is primarily responsible for partnering with employees and managers to provide coaching and consultation in the areas of employee relations and performance management. This individual will also facilitate leaves of absence and administer Holland’s benefits programs while acting as the primary contact for personnel-related inquiries. The Human Resources Generalist is integral to the engagement of Holland’s employees and will promote and model Holland Partner Group’s Core Values. This individual works independently with moderate decision-making authority.
We are seeking a team player with a strong work ethic that offers exceptional communication skills, attention to detail and excellent follow through. The Holland Team consists of employees that demonstrate strong leadership, communication, team-building and decision-making skills.
- Facilitate the administration of Holland’s benefit programs including enrollment of new employees and reconciliation of bills. Process benefit enrollments/changes, process medical support notices, facilitate the open enrollment process, etc.
- Participate in external salary surveys. Conduct and/or participate in compensation related projects as assigned.
- Assist managers with employee relations issues and provide guidance on any disciplinary action deemed necessary.
- Assist with maintaining up-to-date HR documents, including departmental forms as well as policies and procedures.
- Administer company leave programs and engage in the ADA interactive process ensuring compliance with company policy as well as state and federal laws.
- Manage Workers’ Compensation claims and maintain communication with injured workers, managers and insurance company while ensuring compliance with OSHA Logs and other records as required.
- Manage performance review process (90-day, mid-year, and annual reviews) and ensure that the process and systems operate efficiently to meet company needs.
- Prepare internal employee communications regarding compensation, benefits or company policies.
- Conduct employee onboarding and exit interviews and use feedback to offer suggestions for improvements in policy or procedure.
- Prepare and respond to unemployment claims.
- Facilitate the employee separation process.
- Promote employee engagement events and programs.
- Assist in the creation of training programs for employee development.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive documents and information.
- Perform customer service functions by responding to general requests and questions.
- Prepare, organize and maintain various departmental files.
- Recommend process changes to promote efficiency.
- Maintain a positive relationship with all staff to ensure excellent inside customer service.
- Represent Holland Partner Group in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required. A college degree in Human Resources or related coursework is strongly preferred.
Experience: Minimum four years’ Human Resources experience required with progressively increasing responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal leave laws and benefits administration and the ability to interpret their interaction.
- Demonstrated high level of skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees while inspiring respect and credibility.
- Ability to accurately perform multiple tasks in a complex and fast-paced operating environment while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products required.
- Ability to accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions.
- Must be proactive, flexible, responsible and resourceful.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Attendance: This full-time position is exempt and requires the ability to be present and available during business hours to meet company and department needs. Additional hours or flexible schedule may be required.
This position also requires:
- Travel and overnight stays.
Ability to lift or move up to 20 pounds.
Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally.
- Address Vancouver, WA