Provides customer service and functional support to all WARN team members in various areas of Human Resources: recruiting, employee relations, compensation, safety, benefits, training and development, employment law and payroll. Analyzes programs and recommends improvements/changes to compliance, administration and employee communication. Works under limited supervision. A great degree of creativity and latitude is required. Provides supervision and guidance to less experienced HR Team Members.
1. Participates as a member of the Human Resources Team whose ultimate mission is to provide outstanding customer service in developing, implementing and maintaining human resource systems that support Warn Industries’ vision.
2. Responsible for administering or supervising a minimum of three company-wide programs, i.e. Affirmative Action Plan, Workforce Planning, Legal Compliance, Training, Policies etc.
3. Manages employee relations issues and coaches leaders/teams to handle these issues effectively. Strives to discover root cause and works with the appropriate people to improve systems.
4. Researches, recommends and coordinates training programs to support operations and professional talent development. Assists team leaders by facilitating career development for team members.
5. Develops and maintains knowledge of current federal, state and local laws and regulations in order to ensure Company compliance. Communicates and trains HR and leadership to laws and regulations.
6. Maintains up-to-date knowledge of human resource trends. Applies trend information to goal setting, leader and HR coaching.
7. Actively engages and learns all areas of the business to serve as a strategic business partner in HR interactions.
8. Accountable for developing and monitoring processes and practices necessary for legal and ethical compliance in assigned area. Responsible for organizational training to legal and ethical compliance.
9. Develops, maintains and administers consistently Warn Industries’ policies. Updates manual annually and as policies change.
10. Coordinates activities with vendors of training and educational services; negotiates arrangements, contracts and specifications, and evaluates vendors’ capabilities.
11. Responds professionally and promptly to all customer requests.
12. Maintains highest level of confidentiality at all times.
13. Forms solid partnerships with employees and leaders to foster high levels of teamwork, development, and trust and performance companywide. Provides guidance, support and training to other members of the HR Team to develop these partnerships.
14. Provides coaching and guidance support to leadership and employees concerning human resources programs, practices, policies and procedures.
15. Prepares internal employee communications regarding policies, safety, training, compensation and benefits.
16. May research questions/problems regarding team member benefits, 401(k), pension, and provide prompt, professional follow-up with team members and outside services.
17. Performs on-boarding orientations with new team members or supports other generalists with this process.
18. Works with leaders to project workforce needs and develop plans to fulfill needs and may assist with recruiting efforts.
19. Develops job descriptions as new positions are created and modifies existing descriptions as positions change.
20. May participate in projects in support of company strategic goals and the HR Team’s strategic plan.
21. Makes recommendations for improvement in processes and policies.
22. Attends and participates in cost center and/or profit center team leader meetings weekly, or as necessary.
23. Responsible for prompt and regular attendance as scheduled.
24. Works safely and without injury.
Required Education and/or Experience:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
2. Five or more years’ experience administering multiple functions in the HR/Training field and proficient (have a well advanced branch of knowledge; function as an expert) in at least three of the following areas: Employment, Employee Relations, Compliance, Compensation, Safety, Benefits, EEO/AAP, Training and Development, Payroll, HRIS.
3. Comprehensive knowledge in the field of Human Resources.
4. Comprehensive knowledge of a manufacturing organization
1. Advanced and exceptional communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
2. Must be flexible and adaptable to changing roles and responsibilities.
3. Ability to effectively handle stressful situations and coach others to do the same.
4. Ability to handle multiple tasks and manage multiple projects efficiently and effectively.
5. Computer literacy in commonly used business software products such as spreadsheets, word processing and database management required.
6. Must have history of impeccable integrity, ethics and fair play and an ability to recruit and detect the same.
7. Must be enthusiastic about adopting Warn Industries’ Core Values: Never Compromise Trust, Honesty, and Partner with Customers, Commitment, Teamwork, Personal Development, and Lead by Example.
8. Ability to work with minimal supervision.
9. Ability to work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, customers and visitors.
10. Ability to effectively problem-solve.
11. Ability to facilitate activities necessary to a project’s completion.
Ability to read, write, verbalize and comprehend instructions and correspondence at the highest levels in the English language. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, and other team members. Conflict resolution skills. Excellent interpersonal skills. Excellent verbal and customer service skills.
Must have mathematical skills equivalent to those required under degree requirement.
Physical and Visual Activities:
Standing, Walking, Sitting, Lifting, Carrying, Balancing, Stooping, Reaching, Handling, Feeling, Communicating, Acuity-Far, Acuity-Near, Depth Perception, and Field of Vision.
May require a combination of sitting, standing, and walking. May require lifting up to 30 pounds with assistance.
Must be able to work in an office environment as well as a shop environment as job duties require. May be exposed to loud operating machinery, cold temperatures, chemicals, and vapors.
Machines, Tools Equipment, Software:
Personal computer, fax machine, copy machine, other office equipment, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Human Resource Information System.
EXTERNAL APPLICANTS: Must apply on www.warn.com
(Please have your resume ready)
- Salary Offer Total Comp $50,000.00 to 70,000.00
- Address 12900 SE Capps Road Clackamas, OR 97015
- External File Logo.docx