Seeking an HR Generalist who is comfortable working within a manufacturing environment.
Day to day:
- Support to the manufacturing side of the business in support of the employee lifecycle processes such as hiring, terminations, movement, job changes, rewards, stretch assignments, etc.
- Onboarding paperwork (I9, W2, documentation etc.)
- Supporting leaders with a variety of HR related topics including but not limited to performance management, employee relations, Team and Talent activities, policy interpretation, and compensation/benefits administration
- Coordinate HR programs while providing project and process coordination across a wide variety of HR programs and activities
- Taking initiative to incorporate and continue DE&I; Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives (it is a very diverse workforce, ensuring that team members feel welcomed and appreciated)
- Employee relations: following proper procedures when necessary & providing support to team members as necessary
- Understanding of FMLA, labor laws and Paid Leave (overall ability to learn and seek out support/research from outside resources when necessary).
This position is considered a top level leader within the company and as such this person will be working alongside Operations, Customer Service, and business leaders, to analyze, coordinate and communicate key activities related to headcount and position management.
- Responsible for providing advice and consultation to business leaders on people related issues and concerns.
- HR experience 3+ years demonstrable experience across HR, customer service, operations or related area. (preferably from within a manufacturing environment or relatable field)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management OR a related field or a combination of relevant experience, education and training.
- Experience onboarding employees
- Experience using Microsoft Suite – Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Experience being the sole HR team member on a team & having the ability to take ownership and initiative to implement new processes as see fit
- Experience with Employee relationship , and standard documentation process
- General HR knowledge of employment laws and practices. (FMLA, and Paid Leave laws, and the ability/interest to do continued education)
- Experience handling highly confidential work with discretion.
Soft Skills Needed:
- Demonstrates high attention to detail, problem solving ability with strong organization/planning skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to recognize, address and manage disputes, disagreements or discord in a fair and positive manner.
- Serves as a trusted coach or mentor by guiding others through developmental activities.
- Service mindset, well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Soft skills: someone who cares is empathic and can come in with a process improvement mindset
- High tolerance for ambiguity.
- HR experience in distribution or manufacturing.
- Professional HR Certification.
- Familiarity with Organizational and Team Effectiveness concepts & principles.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com