Support Human Resource and Environmental Health and Safety programs and processes for a small, recently acquired manufacturing business. Partner with parent company’s HR and EHS teams to implement programs to successfully integrate this new business. Initial activities will focus primarily on employee relations, recruitment and environmental health and safety. The work location for this position will be a combination of remote (home office) and on-site (in the manufacturing facility or parent company headquarters) and will vary on a daily and weekly basis. Candidate’s remote work location must allow for easy access to the manufacturing facility in Tualatin.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with parent company HR and EHS teams to evaluate current state and implement necessary programs and processes.
- Coordinate full-cycle recruiting activities including sourcing, screening, interviewing, candidate selection, and onboarding.
- Work with ER Specialist to establish a plan for building and maintaining a positive culture and work environment.
- Oversee the day to day administration of all environmental, health, and safety (EHS) programs. Monitor worksite safety condition, identifies areas for improvement and implements corrective action.
- Provide day to day guidance to leaders and employees on employee relations issues. Facilitate coaching, counseling, and career development discussions.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies, procedures, and state and federal EHS regulations. Assist with required HR and EHS reporting.
- Provide overflow recruitment support for parent company.
- Support additional HR projects and programs as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, HR Management or a related field. 4+ years of progressive experience in a human resources function. Experience working with employees at all levels across the organization.
- Experience in a manufacturing or production environment. Bilingual/ Spanish speaking is a plus.
- Experience with full-cycle recruitment processes.
- General knowledge of occupational safety and health programs and requirements preferred.
- Basic knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations that impact HR & EHS practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships with internal teams and external candidates.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft Office suite of products, (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc. Experience with web-based HRIS and Applicant Tracking systems a plus.
Duties are performed in a combination of office and manufacturing environments.
For details on positions and to apply, go to:
Leupold & Stevens, Inc.
14400 NW Greenbrier Parkway
Beaverton, Oregon 97006
* Leupold & Stevens, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer. A core business objective at Leupold & Stevens is to maintain a workplace in which each employee can achieve their full potential. The company was founded on the principle of giving customers and our team members ‘A Square Deal’; to us, this means advocating for the employment opportunities and advancements of all individuals regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. We resolutely believe all aspects and privileges of employment should be determined by skills and behaviors, not personal identities.
* With our commitment to make our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities, we will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for an individual applicant to participate in the job application process. To request an accommodation to the application process, please send an email to HRDept@Leupold.com or call (503) 646-9171 and a Leupold & Stevens representative will contact you.
* Leupold & Stevens, Inc. is a drug free workplace. All final candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
* Leupold & Stevens, Inc. complies with all applicable FAR & DFAR regulations.
* We hire U.S. citizens and persons lawfully authorized to work in the U.S. All new employees must complete an INS Employment Eligibility Verification Form (I-9). Positions may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Leupold & Stevens, Inc.’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
- Address 14400 Northwest Greenbrier Parkway, Beaverton, OR 97006