We are looking for a Human Resources Generalist who will be responsible for a variety of human resources generalist activities encompassing multiple areas of human resources. Tasks include acting as an HR Representative for assigned work centers, supporting recruiting/hiring, employee relations, benefits, leave management, HRIS, employee records management, and training. A secondary area of responsibility focuses on Environmental Safety & Health. All assignments may include support of or participation in the development, implementation, and evaluation of programs or policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- For assigned work-centers, recruits, coordinates staffing services support, and follows through on hiring processes.
- Onboards new employees, conducts new hire orientations and certain types of training.
- Advises employees on policy matters.
- Enters data into HRIS and other systems ensuring the accuracy of information.
- Processes employee status changes into systems.
- Supports HRIS (ADP) through learning and using reporting, collecting and analyzing data, and making recommendations for action based upon data.
- Supports fair and equitable workplace practices by listening, documenting, and helping to resolve employee concerns and complaints.
- Performs HR-related customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions around policies, benefits, compensation, training, safety/health, time and attendance, and other areas as required.
- Participates in or conducts benefits enrollment employees. Supports leave management processes, follows up on insurance and absence/leave requests.
- Ensures accurate records and compliance with local, state and national laws including verifying I-9 documentation and accurately maintains I-9 records, updating employee records in ADP and other systems, and running audit reports.
- With assistance of various experts and consultants, coordinates environmental permit updates and audits, ensures timely and accurate reporting to various agencies.
- Acts as point person with environmental and safety consulting firms who assist us with these actions.
- Acts as coordinator for gathering and reviewing accident reports, near miss reports and associated corrective actions and risk-mitigation measures.
- Assists with workers compensation and safety program management by scheduling training, respiratory fit testing, hearing tests, coordinating safety committee follow up actions with committee chairperson, following up to ensure job hazard analyses and risk assessments result in completion of required safety related job certifications and position-specific training.
- Coordinates workers compensation related claim activities and light duty assignments, and all related system inputs and program administration.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities required:
- Must have the requisite combination of HR experience in a Manufacturing company.
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Experience in using, reporting on, and administering employee data within a Human Resources Information System (We use ADP WorkforceNow)
- Experience coordinating leaves and benefits
- Experience supporting some aspects of Environmental Safety & Health within a manufacturing company
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Org Development, Business or a related field + 2-4 years experience in an HR role within a manufacturing company. with some exposure to Safety program administration.. OR
- Masters degree in Human Resources, Org Development, Business, or a related field + 1-2 years experience in HR related roles within a manufacturing company., with some exposure to Safety program administration.
- PHR or equivalent certification strongly preferred.
- The successful candidate will possess proven effective oral and written communication skills, the ability to manage and maintain sensitive and confidential information, demonstrated abilities to coordinate programs, execute goals, get details right, and find better ways to achieve our goals through using effective organization, a process-improvement orientation, strong data analysis skills, advanced proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, and values /behavior that fit with our corporate culture.
- Address 4375 NE 59th Ave Hillsboro, OR 97124