Nutter Corporation is looking for the next great addition to our team! We are a leading northwest heavy civil contractor doing business in Oregon and Washington. From the ground down, we are under everything you do. Roads, utilities, retail sites, parks, home sites. You never see our best work. But it’s there, helping make everything you do a little bit better.
We put into practice our philosophy of delivering a final product that exceeds expectations to our partners in the construction community. At Nutter, we help our clients achieve their projects on time and on budget. Our work environment is client-centered, fast-paced and friendly!
Based out of our main office in Vancouver, WA, the Human Resources Manager leads several key HR functions including: hiring and onboarding, payroll, benefits, policy development and implementation, employee relations, DOT compliance, workers compensation and drug testing. This position provides leadership to four HR team members and works closely with other internal functional areas including safety. This is a full-time in office role.
If you are an experienced HR professional who enjoys a position with variety and is interested in leading the HR function for our growing team, we would like to hear from you!
What can Nutter Corporation offer you?
- A competitive compensation package with a salary range beginning between $80k – $90k DOE.
- Our Benefits package includes: employee medical, 401(k) retirement savings program with match (25% of first 6% contributed), optional dental, vision, life, voluntary life and dependent life.
- Work that fits your life with 83 hours of PTO annually and seven paid holidays per year.
- Training is encouraged and supported.
- Rewarding work that is fast-paced and goal-oriented.
- A team that is supportive, friendly and fun.
- A well-established Company with a strong 30+ year history in Clark County, WA.
- A Company dedicated to community service.
What skills and experience can you bring to the Nutter team?
- Four-year degree in human resources, organizational development, business or associated field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- HR Certification is a plus but is not required (PHR, SHRM-CP, etc.).
- Human resources work experience or associated business background; 4-5+ years is preferred.
Leads the Company HR function in a professional, conscientious manner. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrates initiative. Seeks opportunities to share HR expertise and contribute to the achievement of strategic business goals.
- Provides HR department leadership, including training and coaching direct reports.
Knowledge of employment law including Federal, WA state and Oregon.
- Experience leading the payroll function is essential. Prior work with payroll tax returns and account reconciliations is desirable. Familiarity with Vista payroll software is preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with certified payroll is beneficial.
- Fosters and maintains trust at all levels of the organization.
- Exemplifies Nutter Corporation values listed below. Champions a team “roll up your sleeves” culture.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; approachable and friendly.
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize and coordinate workload to maximize accuracy while meeting deadlines.
- Provides timely and efficient internal customer service to create a positive and productive employee experience.
- Cheerfully and calmly handles interruptions and competing priorities; flexible; adapts well to changing needs.
- Enthusiastic and results-oriented; eager to learn and take on new challenges.
- Proficient using computer software including Outlook, Word and Excel.
Who is the Nutter Corporation?
Nutter is a leading northwest heavy civil contractor, building transportation infrastructure including highways, roads, railroads, wetland mitigation sites, port docks and more. We provide a variety of services from pre-construction estimating, design-build, site development as well as specialty projects. We invite you to learn more about Nutter by visiting: https://nuttercorp.com/about-nutter/
What is it like to work at Nutter?
We believe in:
- Honesty– We are open, trustworthy and truthful.
- Client-Focus– We work every day to exceed our Clients’ expectations.
- Rolling Up Our Sleeves– Lending a hand and doing what it takes to get the job done.
- Creativity– Thinking “outside of the box” to deliver winning solutions.
- Community Service– Doing the right thing within our community including: Adopt a Family through Share for the holidays, Dozer Days through the Nutter Foundation supporting children in need, Walk and Knock, Winter Clothing Drive, Build a Bike with Waste Connection for local charities.
For consideration, please e-mail your résumé to our hiring process facilitator: HRM@TJandassociates.com
Reference check and drug screen are steps in our interview process.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Address Vancouver, WA