Support for Early Learning & Families (SELF) seeks an experienced, engaging and team-oriented Human Resources Manager to join our growing team. This is a full-time, exempt position reporting directly to the Executive Director. This position is based in Vancouver, WA.
Who is SELF?
Support for Early Learning & Families (SELF) is a nonprofit organization founded in response to the question, “How can we work to improve opportunities for our community’s children?” This question is at the heart of the work that we do.
The successful efforts of the HR Manager will help SELF fulfill our mission as we work to: convene and mobilize partners and stakeholders throughout Southwest Washington to promote community awareness and advocacy for early learning, kindergarten readiness and school success for all children.
At SELF, we value:
- LEADERSHIP – Through advocacy, empowerment and influence, the efforts of our partners are maximized, and SELF’s vision is translated into reality for our children and their families.
- CONNECTION – Connecting people, resources and organizations across Southwest Washington.
- ACCOUNTABILITY – Holding ourselves and our partners accountable to the goal that every child growing up in SW Washington has a safe and healthy start.
- INNOVATION – Continually seeking new ideas and resources to advance learning opportunities for children birth to 12.
To learn more about SELF, we invite you to visit our website: https://selfwa.org/
HR Manager Core Responsibilities:
The Human Resources Manager leads the HR function for SELF including the following areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, policies/handbook, recruitment and new employee onboarding,. This role works closely with the SELF administrative team, organizational leadership and the Lead Operations Center Director to serve as a valued advisor for HR processes at SELF. This position is primarily focused on demonstrating and supporting a mission-focused, positive and team-oriented culture.
What could SELF offer you?
- A competitive compensation package with an annual salary range of $77,022 – $90,230 depending upon experience.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance.
- A 401(k) retirement savings plan with up to 2.5% employer match.
- Two weeks of PTO accrued annually.
- Eight paid holidays and one paid floating holiday.
- Life Insurance- $10,000.
- Discounted childcare for pre-school and school-aged children.
- Employee assistance program.
- Quarterly passes to Columbia Sportswear and Adidas employee store.
- General work schedule is M-F 8 AM – 5 PM with some work hour flexibility as needed.
- Availability is requested for occasional after hours/weekend events and work needs.
- A mutually beneficial hybrid schedule is available.
- A convenient office location in Vancouver, WA.
- Work that is fast-paced and goal-oriented.
- A dynamic team that is supportive, friendly and fun.
- A collaborative, mission-focused organizational culture.
- An opportunity to make a difference in our community!
What skills and experience could you bring to the SELF team?
- Applicable four-year degree (Business Administration, Human Resources degree or similar) or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Knowledge and/or experience with a variety of HR functions including: benefits (including Open Enrollment), employee relations, performance management, recruitment, onboarding, WA state and federal employment laws, compensation structure and employee retention practices.
- Leadership experience (2+ years) using effective coaching, mentoring and teambuilding techniques.
- Energetic, and mission focused with a passion for early childhood development, learning and fun! Past employment in an early childhood education/service organization is preferred.
- Experience conducting and/or identifying resources for training, including leadership training.
- HR metric reporting.
- Professional and confident with a strong work ethic, integrity and reliability.
- Cheerful and adept at handling multiple priorities; organized with demonstrated ability to meet project deadlines.
- In conjunction with the ED and Operations leadership, plan and coordinate interview, hiring and onboarding processes to ensure staffing/talent needs are met.
- You enjoy developing creative solutions and strategies for continuous improvement.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- MS Office Suite proficiency and past use of an Applicant Tracking System.
- Payroll system process knowledge; past use of UKG is preferred but not required.
- You have the ability to pass an in-depth background check.
- You must possess a valid drivers’ license and have reliable transportation. Travel between the SELF administrative offices and various early child care centers and education offices in the SW WA Area is a job responsibility.
For consideration, please submit a resume to our hiring process facilitator using the following email address: HRM@tjandassociates.com
Reference and background checks are conducted with finalist candidate(s) as part of our interview process. The Human Resources Manager position is available immediately and will remain open until filled.
SELF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status or any other protected characteristic. Our organization is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Address Vancouver, WA