Since 2007, Acumen Executive Search prides ourselves on being a premier boutique, woman-owned Executive Search and Leadership Solutions partner in the Pacific Northwest with a global reach. We deliver proven results while nurturing genuine long-term relationships. Acumen works shoulder to shoulder with our clients to deliver customized, meaningful, and proven leadership solutions empowering client success.
Our client is a growing Logging, Helicopter and Firefighting service company located in Southern Oregon on mission to save the world’s forests. They are seeking a hands-on, motivated, capable, and highly detail-oriented professional to manage, lead, and “own” the human resource’s function. Our client prides themselves in having a “family” culture with long-time employees, stable growth, and a small, non-corporate environment. The Human Resources Manager is a newly recreated position reporting to a seasoned and supportive CFO. The ideal candidate will have experience in the Aviation or Logging Industries or both. Routine travel to jobsites and other offices will be required up to 15% of the time. There is a generous benefits package and opportunities for company bonus.
If you are or prefer:
- A seasoned HR Generalist who enjoys serving as the highest-level HR Leader and Business Partner.
- “Being a Hero” – designing and implementing proper processes, policies, procedures, and systems.
- Partnering with the executive team and having a voice at the table.
- Recruiting top talent that fits within a “blue jeans” culture.
- An HR Leader with high EQ who manages effectively through influence.
- Working for a stable, well-established company with new leadership and new direction.
This opportunity may be for you!
You will be responsible for:
- Designing job descriptions, recruitment, retention, and performance management.
- Benefits, compensation, and worker’s compensation.
- Setting up effective systems and programs within the organization.
- Growing and moving the organization forward by strengthening its people, processes, and systems.
- Training and developing solid working relationships with employees.
- Labor relations in a non-union environment.
- Traveling to job sites and meeting with supervisors. Must be able to travel internationally. Job sites tend to be sites that have been or could be affected by fire: Oregon, Washington, California, Montana, Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishing Company Culture:
- Set the tone to cultivate an environment of passionate, effective employees who value innovation, open and honest communication, and personal and professional growth.
- Support the development of Corporate Culture through partnership with the Executive Management Team
- Build trust and respect through dependability, organization, and follow through.
- Developing and instituting Human Resources processes and procedures from the ground up:
- Guide leaders and employees regarding company policies, values, administration, and interpretation to ensure policies and procedures are handled consistently and respectfully in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with corporate policy, fair employment practices and governmental regulations.
- Advise and train managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity (EEO), FMLA, harassment, and recommend needed changes/improvements.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Employee Relations and Management:
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting, and helping resolve work-related issues/concerns.
- Develop and manage all job descriptions.
- Manage employee documentation such as Employee Handbook and Safety Manual.
- Investigate and report on industrial accidents for insurance carriers.
- Manage the company’s drug testing program.
- Perform staffing duties:
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants, and plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude aligned towards organizational objectives.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and/or coordinate employee training or labor relations activities in all locations.
- Complete tasks such as attendance tracking, maintaining employee records, performance reviews, etc.
- Conduct investigations on issues such as harassment, safety, work performance etc.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports as they relate to hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Analyze training needs to design employee development, language training and health and safety programs.
- Liaise professionally with governmental oversight agencies.
Requirements for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5-7 years of HR Generalist experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of human resources, labor relations, and benefits law.
- Routine travel to jobsites and other offices will be required up to 15% of the time; must be able to travel internationally.
- Experience in the Aviation or Logging Industries – preferred, but not required.
Procedure for Applying:
To apply or see our other positions available, please go to: https://AcumenExecutiveSearch.com to submit a resume and brief cover letter indicating your interest in the opportunity. If our current open positions are not the right fit for you and you would like us to share relevant opportunities, please send your resume and a brief cover to info@AcumenESearch.com.
- Address 6860 SW Atlanta Street