Position Title: Human Resources Manager, PT (Temp to Hire)
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: President
FLSA Status: Exempt
Under limited supervision, manages the human resources function for PNF, maintaining alignment with company values and legal requirements. Establishes and leads all human resources activities including compensation and benefits administration, recruiting, training and development, policy and procedure design and implementation, state and federal employment law compliance, employee relations, and performance management. Also manages Safety Compliance Coordinator.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State and local laws pertaining to HR matters (i.e., BOLI, EEO, OSHA, etc.).
- Clearly and effectively communicate programs and policies to all employees.
- Administer employee benefit program including plan design, negotiating contracts, building relationships with providers and brokers, administration. Evaluate program effectiveness and implement cost-containment measures where appropriate. Assist employees in resolving issues related to benefit plans.
- Handle employee relations issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Facilitate exit interviews, analyze data and make recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
- Maintain complete confidentiality regarding employee information. Follow best practices for handling of employee records, ensuring security of all employee files.
- In conjunction with the management team, establish, prepare, implement, revise and maintain policies and procedures and review policies annually.
- Update the Employee Handbook, as needed. Review at least annually.
- Maintain job descriptions and create or revise, as necessary.
- Conduct compensation benchmarking to ensure competitive salary ranges. Participate in salary surveys, as appropriate.
- Oversee all recruiting activities including advertising, reviewing applicants, conducting interviews, and reference checking in collaboration with supervisors. May assist departments with development of annual staffing plans. Updates PNF website with job posts and posts jobs on appropriate job boards.
- Build and conduct new employee orientation and policy training, and recommend professional development or other courses, as needed.
- Assist with the annual review process, including preparation and administration.
- Develop and maintain the human resources information system to meet company information needs.
- Work closely with management and staff to ensure adherence to company policy and procedures and to assist them in carrying out their responsibilities on HR matters. Provide training, as appropriate.
- Manage Safety Compliance Coordinator and Safety function.
- Administer and manage the workers’ compensation program. Represent the company in litigation.
- Manage responses to the unemployment division and represent the company in litigation.
- Consult with legal counsel as appropriate.
- Organize and recommend strategies to promote cohesiveness between the company and employees, departments and management teams.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resources or related field and 5 years of experience in Human Resources or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough understanding of Human Resources best practices.
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal employment laws.
- Ability to readily identify needs and requirements, and establish plans and processes to ensure successful results.
- Ability to establish positive working relationships across the organization.
- HR professional designation preferred (PHR or SHRM-CP).
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Strong communication, organizational, time management, critical thinking and analytical skills, with excellent people skills and a business partner approach.
- Excellent employee relations skills.
- Creative thinking skills with ability to “think outside the box” and consider solutions outside of traditional HR.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Comfortable presenting detailed information in person or to larger groups.
- High level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner which facilitates positive working relationships with customers, visitors, co-workers, and management.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, as needed. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind work assignments, and to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job.
- Address Tualatin, OR