Carla Properties, Ltd. of Portland, OR is seeking to hire a full-time Human Resources Manager to support our team of 74 employees, most of whom work at variety of locations throughout the Portland Metro area. This position is based at our Corporate office in NW Portland and will manage the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department.
Summary of Duties/Responsibilities:
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to recruitment, onboarding, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; employee recognition; occupational health and safety; training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the ownership team.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Assures Employee Handbooks are current and compliant with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Maintains Personnel Files and ensures confidentiality
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Processes monthly payroll utilizing ADP Workforce Now.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including pay rates, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Work with the Accounting department to processes 401k contributions and maintains the company’s 401k plan.
- Employee benefit administration (health, dental, disability and life insurance; Holiday/Vacation/Sick leave, etc.)
- Manages Workers Compensation benefits by working closely with SAIF.
Other Administrative Tasks:
- Maintains monthly staff coverage schedule to ensure adequate coverage at all properties.
- Event planning
- Participates in the Safety Committee.
- Assist with corporate office facilities management.
- 8+ years Human Resource Management experience in a 1-person Human Resources Department
- 3+ years’ experience utilizing ADP Workforce Now
Personal skills and attributes:
- Reliable and dependable.
- Able to work Monday – Thursday 8 am – 5 pm and 8:30 am – 3:00 pm Friday.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English verbally, electronically and in writing.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
At Carla Properties, Ltd. you know that you are appreciated because we believe that our employees are our most important asset. We have an exceptional team of motivated, customer service focused employees who enjoy coming to work each day. We hire people who have an outstanding level of people skills, commitment to teamwork and a desire to grow and advance in their careers. We believe that compensation is more than just a paycheck which is why, in addition to competitive salaries, we offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes: 100% paid medical, dental, disability and life insurance as well as paid holidays, vacation and sick leave. We also offer a high performing 401k plan with up to 3% company match.
If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
- Address 633 NW 19th Avenue, Portland, OR 97209