Human Resources Manager
Jewett Cameron is seeking a Human Resources Manager to join our growing organization.
The Human Resources Manager will lead the Human Resources functions within the organization to include recruiting, onboarding, compensation, benefits, leave, performance management and employee relations. Additionally, this role will continually develop and maintain processes and procedures to ensure compliance with state and federal regulators as well as partner with the senior leadership team to create and facilitate programs, processes, or actions to drive employee engagement and retention.
The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to work well with other HR professionals in a team environment, conflict resolution abilities and experience managing multiple deadline driven projects and tasks.
Founded in Oregon in 1953, the Jewett Cameron Company strives to develop and build premier products in fencing, pet home, and outdoor living. We are guided by our defining principles of crafted, stewardship and legacy. As such, we apply the same care in developing our products as we do investing in our people, our partnerships, our environment, and in the communities where we live, work and play.
Responsibilities in this Role
- Manage talent acquisition process, including sourcing, testing, interviewing, hiring and onboarding
- Facilitate rollout and tracking of required training including safety/accident prevention
- Continuous review of current regulations and trends to ensure all employment practices remain competitive and comply with federal, state and local regulations
- Employee relations, compensation and employee benefit programs.
- Payroll processing and/or review for 80 employees
- Partner with operational leadership on development of project implementations
- Develop cross training and performance management program that ensures all employees are familiar with their job responsibilities, as well as relevant legal and safety requirements
- Ownership of performance management and employee leave programs
- Guide managers to resolve issues as well as advise on disciplinary actions
Ideal Candidate Requirements/Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required
- 3+ years of human resource experience with progressive growth (recruitment, training/development, performance management, employee relations, payroll and benefits)
- Self-Starter with excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and familiarity with HRIS systems
Physical Requirements – Work Environment:
- This role typically works in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment to perform duties.
- The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office. Frequent interruptions may be encountered throughout the workday.
- This role requires high mobility and interaction with others; frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel, and to stand, walk, reach, bend, carry or lift up to 25 pounds.
Jewett Cameron offers a competitive salary and a rich benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, FSA and Employer funded HRA
- Employer Sponsored Short-term Disability, Life and AD&D coverage
- Profit sharing and an exceptional 401k match
- A family-friendly team with generous and flexible PTO
- Flexible scheduling options for work hours
- An environment dedicated to ongoing learning and professional development
To apply send resumes to CareersJCC@jewettcameron.com.
Please note HR Manager in the subject line.