Who We Are:
FoodCorps believes every school should be a healthy school and every child – regardless of race, place or class – deserves to be well nourished and ready to learn. In underserved communities across the country, our AmeriCorps leaders help accomplish this vision by teaching students about healthy food through hands-on lessons, partnering with farmers and food service workers to create nutritious and delicious school meals, and collaborating with communities to insure a long-term culture of health. Upon this foundation of direct impact, FoodCorps pursues systemic strategies that will benefit all of our nation’s 100,000 schools through leadership development, network building, and policy change.
What We’re Looking For:
FoodCorps seeks a highly organized, detail-oriented professional who is comfortable in a fast-paced office environment. Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources/Payroll Coordinator will be responsible for providing our 200+ AmeriCorps service members with a high caliber of human resources support as well as adding capacity for the payroll function of HR. The Coordinator will support annual service member onboarding and exiting, timekeeping and payroll processing, benefits administration, and will ensure compliance with relevant federal, state, and local laws and AmeriCorps regulations. They will be the keeper of data by inputting information as well as generating and distributing reports in a timely manner for both HR and payroll purposes. In addition to these day to day duties, the HR/Payroll Coordinator will collaborate with the Programs teams to evaluate and enhance the service member experience. The Coordinator will also assist the full HR team as needed. This is a full-time position based in our Portland, Oregon office. Work will be performed remotely until the office can be safely reopened.
Who You Are:
You are highly organized and efficient, with previous experience in HR and payroll. Other project management support role experience is a plus. You are meticulous when it comes to the details and thrive in the space of creative problem-solving. You have strong written and verbal communication skills and can share information in a clear and compassionate manner to a wide variety of audiences. You are comfortable juggling multiple projects and tight deadlines. Your can-do attitude is your superpower and you are able to ensure compliance with relevant federal, state and local HR laws. You are able to interact with individuals from diverse backgrounds with both sensitivity and professionalism.. Your equity lens is always applied and you are courageous in seeking out solutions that are inclusive and well balanced.
- Coordinate the bi-weekly submission of organizational payroll and ensure completion (balancing, approvals and submissions), in close collaboration with the finance department.
- Coordinate benefit reconciliation and invoice management of benefits.
- Coordinate key pieces of the service member onboarding process, including payroll set up, direct deposit enrollment, benefits processing and account set up.
- Monitor service member time sheets and process service member payroll.
- Manage service member benefits, including health, vision, dental and employee assistance program benefits.
- Management and updating of information across several HR platforms.
- Handle service member requests, including stipend related inquiries and tax form requests. Support maintenance of confidential, compliant service member files, ensuring readiness for federal audit.
- Coordinate the service member exit process in a timely and compliant fashion, including providing exit information, processing termination of benefits and closing accounts.
- Perform job functions with a consistent focus on ways to embrace FoodCorps’ commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
Skills of the Ideal Candidate:
- Two plus years’ experience in human resources or a position with similar responsibilities with one or more of those years working in a specific payroll related function.
- Comfort and experience providing customer service regarding complex and often sensitive topics.
- Highly organized individual with an exceptional eye for detail and ability to maintain focus and diligence to ensure data integrity.
- Must be project oriented and have the ability to manage highly cyclical and seasonal job duties.
- Must show a high level of discretion with confidential and sensitive personal information.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft and Google Suites.
- Strength in multi-tasking, goal-setting and problem solving, often under tight deadlines.
- Make recommendations for process and procedure improvements for greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Must be self-motivated and excel in a deadline-driven environment.
- Previous experience with AmeriCorps or understanding of AmeriCorps regulations encouraged.
- Knowledge of the food movement, diet-related diseases, nutritional education and related issues welcomed but not required.
How to Apply:
Applications will be accepted until our ideal candidate is identified. To be considered, submit your résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements through our hiring site at http://foodcorps.hiringthing.com/.
FoodCorps pays salaries that are competitive with nonprofits of our budget size and geographic location, and offers generous vacation and medical benefits, 401(k) matching, professional development funds and a sabbatical policy. This position is a Coordinator role with a compensation range between $45,000 and $48,000 per year based on experience.
People of color, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. FoodCorps is committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. FoodCorps is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions. FoodCorps provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees as required by law.
Applicants with disabilities may request reasonable accommodation at any point in the employment process.
- Address 1140 SE 7th Ave Portland, OR 97214