Human Resources Specialist
This position is responsible for full cycle recruiting, sourcing, screening, and placing talent. This position also participates in other HR and Safety projects and responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Builds relationships with hiring managers to identify key knowledge, skills, and abilities needed in top talent.
- Assists with developing processes and controls to ensure efficient and effective recruitment.
- Attracts, screens, and interviews talent for production positions.
- Reviews resumes, conducts pre-screenings, and arranges interviews.
- Designs interview question sets and screening procedures.
- Collaborates with onboarding to ensure a superior new hire experience.
- Identifies new sources for diverse talent uniquely qualified for open positions.
- Fosters relationships with staffing agencies for temporary positions.
- Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process.
- Supports and encourages other HR team members during periods of high need.
- Participates in various other HR Projects such as safety, training, employee benefit planning/rollout, etc.
- As needed back up HR and Safety in Quarterly Walkthroughs and other Safety Committee work.
- Strives to meet or exceed company safety standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with applicant tracking system
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Familiar with state and federal laws and regulations regarding recruiting and employment.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Excellent writing abilities
- Self-starter and ability to work well in a manufacturing environment
Education and Experience:
- 3 or more years of experience performing recruitment and/or HR work in a similar capacity AND
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources or related field OR
- Any combination of education and additional years of experience that provides the necessary skills, knowledge, and ability to perform assigned tasks.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address Tualatin, OR