About Perfect Harvest
Join an industry leading cultivator at the forefront of cannabis production. We utilize modern methods and technology to produce a superior product more effectively and consistently than ever before. Perfect Harvest LLC is a leading management and consulting provider in the cannabis industry that focuses primarily on cannabis cultivation. We design, operate, and consult for facilities across the country and pride ourselves on working alongside industry leaders. We are seeking driven, detail oriented, and positive individuals to join our team. Join our team today to experience personal growth and career opportunities in an expanding industry!
We are looking for a Sr. HR Generalist to join our team! This position will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices; among other duties.
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
Job Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Communicate with job candidates and new hires on the phone, via email, and in person regarding various steps of the onboarding process
- Draft and send offer letters to approved job candidates
- Prepare paperwork, schedule, and facilitate a smooth new hire orientation process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience.
- Provides professional expertise and support in the design, development and implementation of the talent review process that is required to achieve business goals and results in the creation of an internal bench of top talent throughout all Perfect Harvest locations.
- Collect, analyze and maintain data gathered to inform targeted leadership development (e.g., succession planning).
- Subject Matter Expert navigating the Paychex platform including, but not limited to, running reports for management, setting up data access levels, and maintaining positive relationships with Paychex representatives for faster service
- Review, track, and document compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, etc.
- Participate in organizational strategic planning and provide leadership for performance management and quality improvement policy development.
- Research and assist in the development of performance management training programs that focus on enabling the workforce to achieve improvements with priority organizational concerns.
- Manage the maintenance and execution of the performance management system, including current job descriptions, standards of performance and performance evaluation instruments.
- Facilitate all employee change processes (e.g., transfer, promotion, open enrollment, termination, etc.), including communication of benefits and processes to employees and ensuring proper documentation and Paychex data updates are made
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Serve as a business partner with hiring managers to develop effective sourcing and recruitment strategies that result in client satisfaction. Develop effective relationships within the organization and the hiring community to have influence and impact the recruiting process and hiring.
- Recruit full-time, part-time, temporary, contractual and intern personnel. Manage full life cycle recruitment (post, source, prescreen, schedule, background, references, offer, onboarding, etc.).
- Complete hiring process within defined metrics to minimize overall time-to-start. Develop appropriate marketing strategies, develop service-level agreements to ensure an effective and efficient recruitment lifecycle while minimizing cost-per-hire.
- Create and maintain an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity and competitive advantage in support of the company’s diversity and inclusion strategic plan.
- Conduct presentations and training.
- Ensure that organization-wide talent management and performance management initiatives are focused and aligned on improving operational and program efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Collect and coordinate aggregate data for talent pool and translate data into insights through data analysis that drives deliberate action plans at the appropriate levels.
- Develop and implement creative and innovative sourcing strategies and techniques to build a pipeline of qualified candidates.
- Utilizes assessments to evaluate and identify the current and emerging skills, competencies, and behaviors required to achieve desired organizational results and prepare for future needs.
- Leading the design of performance management strategies and processes that measure outcomes, identify areas for improvement, and align teams to meeting organizational goals.
- Championing a culture objective setting and result measurement aligned to pay and rewards using tools, training, and communication.
- Maintain strict confidentiality in handling sensitive information and takes appropriate measures to safeguard confidential information. Keep information secure, limit access to information to only those employees who have a “need to know” to do their job. Avoid discussion of confidential information in public areas
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
Required Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in human resources management or related field desired
- A minimum of five (5) years of broad HR generalist experience including talent management and performance management.
- Experience designing, developing and supporting organization-wide talent management programs that cover performance management, talent development, coaching, succession planning, data analytics and relationship management.
- Thorough understanding of recruiting methods and best practices, as well as applicable policies and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Recent experience recruiting in multiple discipline areas and levels, including hiring for nonexempt, exempt and leadership positions.
- Experience in all areas of sourcing such as the internet, social media, networking, employee referrals, job postings, as well as conducting open houses and virtual job fairs.
- Experience in working with applicant tracking systems and affirmative action plan requirements.
- Ability to design and implement full-cycle performance management programs.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent interpersonal, counseling, and negotiation skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Proficient with Excel and Google sheets
- Desire and ability to take ownership and accountability over work done
- Experience working in cannabis industry or other regulated industry is a plus, but not required
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must comply with all legal and company regulations for working in the industry.
Perfect Harvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status
- Mon – Friday / 8AM – 5PM
- Medical Insurance matched after initial probation period
- Dental and Vision are optional after initial probation period
- 401K offered after initial probation period
- Address 1555 Industrial Way, Longview, WA 98632