Industry: Food Production/Manufacturing
Mulberry Talent Partners: Human Resources Division, has joined with our client, a food manufacturer in North Portland, to identify a Learning & Development Specialist. The Learning & Development Specialist will be responsible for improving the productivity of plants’ employees via Learning, Development, and training. This role is focused primarily on providing and facilitating plant wide training initiatives, driving employee engagement, and strategic collaboration across all plant functional areas. This position assesses plant-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges suitable training solutions for employees. This position actively searches, creatively designs, and implements effective methods to educate, enhance performance, and recognize performance.
Your new role:
- Monitor, evaluate, and enhance induction and Onboarding process and procedure
- Conducts annual training and development needs assessment
- Develops training and development programs and objectives
- Administers spending against the department budget
- Obtains and/ or develops effective training materials, using a variety of media
- Trains and coaches managers, supervisors, and others involved in employee development efforts
- Plans, organizes, facilitates, and orders supplies for employee development and training events.
- Develops and maintains organizational communications such as email and posters or bulletin boards and newsletters to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Conducts follow up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results.
- Modifies programs as needed.
- Assist the Sr. HR Manager as needed and perform all other duties as assigned.
- Supports HR peers by providing strategic guidance and coaching with onboarding and employee transitions, training and Learning & Development, performance management, workforce analytics, and technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, labor relations, business, or relevant experience preferred
- Minimum 5 years Human Resource Experience
- Multi-lingual preferred
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Manufacturing/ CPG experience preferred
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP preferred
- Ability to work “off hours” as necessary
- Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Capacity to understand people issues impacting the business along with a passion for relationship building
- Proven ability to influence others and reach agreements and consensus despite differing goals and priorities
- Proven ability to make decisive and sound judgements consistent with company culture and applicable laws
- Experience in project management, resource management, and strategic planning
- A desire to lead groups, drive results, and challenge the status quo
- Address Portland, OR