Great opportunity for an experienced Leave of Absence Specialist at Vancouver Clinic! Will provide the administration of leaves of absence for all staff including employees and providers.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the leave program in alignment and under the general direction and guidance of HR leadership and legal counsel.
- Interpret and administer leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, PFML, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, WFCA, etc.).
- Work with Sr. Benefits Specialist and HR Generalist to connect employees on leave with associated benefits and reasonable accommodations.
- Independently approve and/or denies leave cases based on relevant medical information. Coordinate and organizes all medical information and ensures that HIPAA and Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored and effectively executed.
- Manage all administrative aspects of leave to include tracking hours used/taken and working closely with supervisors/managers and payroll to ensure that pay for employees is accurate and correct.
- Work closely with employees to ensure that all relevant completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review. Maintain appropriate contact with all employees on leave and coordinate all aspects of return to work for employees on leave.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and implement new solutions.
- Ability to provide compassionate communication to employees and navigate challenging conversations with employees and leaders.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive knowledge of the leave requirements and other legal protections afforded by the FMLA, ADA, PFML, and other applicable laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources and 2 years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience to perform the duties of the job required.
- Must have HR experience, preferably with administration of leaves processes.
- Demonstrated experience managing data and tracking complex information.
- Experience interacting with employees around sensitive topics and reinforcing laws and policies.
Apply Online www.tvc.org Apply Here – Vancouver Clinic – Leave Specialist
- Address 13898 NE 28th Street Vancouver WA