We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Employee Experience at Vacasa
We cultivate Vacasa’s culture. Our employees are the heart of our product, and our job is to take care of them all. We’re the thread connecting our growing global family as we balance the needs of every employee—whether they work across an office or across an ocean.
What we’re looking for
We are seeking an experienced, service-oriented professional to partner and guide our employees and managers on all matters concerning Leave of Absence regulations and benefits. Qualified candidates are capable of prioritizing competing work assignments, have strong analytical skills, and bring a solution-oriented approach to the table.
What you’ll do
The Leave of Absence Specialist will coordinate the support for all leave of absence cases and effectively organize all cases to include general administration, comprehensive case management, and program compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act and all related employment laws. This individual will perform exemplary customer service and assistance to associates, executives, and HR business partners.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the leave programs in alignment with and under the general direction and guidance of HR leadership and the legal department.
- Interpret and administer leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.).
- Administer all aspects of leave programs, provides extensive case management, and coordinate administrative aspects of the cases.
- Independently approve and/or deny leave cases based on relevant medical information.
- Coordinate and organize all medical information and ensure that HIPAA and Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored and effectively executed.
- Manage all administrative aspects of leave to include tracking hours used/taken and working closely with Payroll to ensure that pay for associates is accurate and correct.
- Work closely with associates to ensure that all relevant completed medical documentation is submitted for timely review.
- Maintain appropriate contact with all associates on leave and coordinate all aspects of return to work for associates on leave.
- Produce and manage reporting metrics and analytics for all leave cases.
- Partner closely with all HR business partners on all leave cases.
- Manage STD/LTD programs and ensure that STD claims are coordinated with FMLA or general medical cases.
- Partner closely with HRBPs on all related cases/claims and attend regularly scheduled meetings to review the status of cases/claims and develop legally sound strategies for a mutually beneficial resolutions.
- Assist in the creation and facilitation of leave administration.
- Performs all other duties as assigned or required.
Skills you’ll need
- 2+ years of LOA administration experience
- Experience working with HR database systems
- Ability to effectively communicate with external benefits providers
- Strong knowledge of US leave laws
- Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple deadlines
- Capable of working effectively and with an acute sense of urgency in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships in a service-centric environment
- Sound judgment and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option
- 401K retirement savings plan with up to a 6% company match
- Vacation time
- Paid sick leave and holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture