Your Role With Us:
The Leave of Absence & Return to Work Specialists serves as the subject matter expert for leave process, including FMLA, OFLA, ADA and other applicable laws as well organization policy. Responsible for coordination and tracking of all aspects of the leave of absence process from leave initiation through leave closure, including general administration, comprehensive case management and program compliance with applicable employment laws. Provides daily oversight of all the organizations leave processes including collaboration with and communication to employees, managers and HR partners.
Manages Salem Health’s leave of absence program including-
- Advises employees, managers/supervisors and other HR staff on LOA procedures and processes.
- Evaluates all relevant information to assess and determine eligibility for and compliance with applicable laws.
- Effectively communicates accurate information to employees, managers/supervisors and HR partners related to employee leave and disability coverage.
- Manages leave file from leave start to leave closure, including maintaining accurate account of all leave types used, dates, balances
- Ensures appropriate return to work process, including administering the Hospitals’ Return to Work Program for non-work related leave of absences
- Coordinates and troubleshoots disability claim issues
- Provides training, advice and counsel to managers, employees and peers on routine and complex leave and disability situations
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding reasonable accommodation, filling positions, and separation of employment at appropriate times during the LOA life cycle.
- Keeps current on new developments in LOA and related regulations; keeps manager informed of any development and may recommend program amendments as a result of regulatory changes
Benefits Administration –
- Gathers information for coordination and processing of short-term and long-term disability as well as any other leave related pay.
- Serves as main contact for employee/vendor eligibility questions on disability plans.
- Researches/resolves employee disability claims issues; escalates as needed.
- Administers to disability plan document and summary plan description at all times.
- Serves as liaison to vendor for disability plans.
- Sends accurate communication on and tracks payments for benefits for employees on leave of absence, including premium reconciliation upon return.
- Ensures that benefits forms and information provided to employees on leave is up to date
- Administers Caring and Sharing program\
- Participates as full member of HR team, including participation in supporting New Leader Orientation, various process improvement initiatives and other related assignments.
- Assists in open enrollment or other department activities, as needed
- Identifies and offers solutions for program and processes that require modification or improvement.
- Participates in finding resolutions and/or program development that results in simplification of processes within HR or that help advance organization goals and/or strategies
- A Bachelor’s degree in HR Management or related field, required –or- in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree will consider applicants with a minimum of four (4) years of directly related experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of HR experience that includes leave management in a high volume environment required
- Minimum of one (1) year experience with audits, keeping detailed financial or similar records, required.
- PHR/SPHR preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state leave regulations including FMLA, OFLA, ADA and related laws required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive information with discretion
- Ability to analyze data
- Ability to maintain detailed records
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
*Currently, many positions at Salem Hospitals and Clinics are being performed remotely due to COVID-19. In the future, current positions classified as “full-time remote” could: 1) remain full-time remote, 2) become a remote/onsite mix, or 3) revert to full-time onsite work location
We have many excellent opportunities available! To view all of our openings, please visit our career page at https://www.salemhealth.org/about/careers
- Address 890 Oak St. SE, Salem, OR 97301