Mulberry Talent Partners has joined with our client, a company located in Gresham, OR to identify an HR Analyst to join their team. This is a temporary, full-time, 100% onsite position. The contract for this role is 3-4 months. This employee will coordinate the benefits program and assist with the administration of the compensation program as needed. Assists with the development, improvement, and implementation of program strategies and improvements with a focus on diverse, equitable, and inclusive practices. Processes benefits changes and coordinates and responds to protected leave requests including requests under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Oregon Family Leave Act (OFLA), and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Answers a variety of day-to-day benefits and compensation questions from internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinates the administration of the employee benefit programs; answers questions and provides information to applicants, employees, and retirees on benefit options. Conducts new hire benefit orientations and performs employee benefits setup.
- Answers general inquiries related to benefits for employees, applicants, and other staff.
- Ensures benefits system is updated; processes qualifying status changes, employment changes, terminations, and other updates. Works with Oregon Educators Benefit Board (OEBB) staff to resolve questions and issues.
- Coordinates and processes FMLA and OFLA protected leave requests. Communicates, advises, and makes eligibility determinations. Prepares and processes forms and related paperwork. Ensures that all forms, correspondences, and data related to protected leaves are properly received, recorded, and processed by staff.
- Conducts interactive dialogues to explore and approve employee accommodations under the provisions of the (ADA); meets with supervisors, employees, and other stakeholders to ensure that appropriate accommodations are in place and to provide for prompt and equitable resolution of compliance questions and/or issues with the ADA and other applicable federal and state laws.
- Coordinates benefits open enrollment communication and activities, leads open enrollment labs sessions, and assists with the completion of reporting requirements.
- Assists with developing and implementing diverse, equitable, and inclusive benefits strategies and program changes. Creates process documentation. Recommends modifications and improvements to programs and related processes.
- Prepares and distributes reports on a regular basis and conducts studies and audits. Collects information, analyzes data, and generates reports and recommendations, as needed, to identify areas for process improvement.
- Assists with benefits, compensation, recruitment, and other HR projects including, but not limited to, assisting with market studies, classification studies, data clean up, and other projects.
- Provides assistance to the total compensation manager for day-to-day benefits, compensation, and recruitment program activities such as documentation, employee correspondence, filing, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, public administration, or related field
- Two (2) years of employee benefits experience, including experience coordinating FMLA and/or OFLA processes
- Intermediate skills utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience providing customer service with a focus on inclusion and accessibility for a diverse community
- Knowledge of human resources principals and best practices as they related to benefits and protected leaves
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws, rules, regulations, and statues
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to conduct research, synthesize findings, and make recommendations
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Ability learn, apply and explain contracts, laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently
Compensation: $32-$38 per hour