As an integral part of the HR team, the Manager, Benefits and Compensation will help drive the implementation of a new transformational growth strategy and culture. As Manger, Benefits and Compensation, we will look to you to develop and lead creative and consistent HR programs that support the new culture and strategic direction and prepare the company for our next stage of growth. Key to your success will be your ability to lead change, to foster strong relationships; to develop creative approaches to HR challenges that are thoughtfully tailored to Planar’s circumstances, to communicate effectively throughout the organization, and to demonstrate a hands-on willingness to do whatever necessary to get the job done.
What You’ll Do:
- Administers, communicates, implements and holds in compliance all employee benefit programs including health, welfare, leaves of absence, etc. and aids in minimizing health claims, mitigating costs through vendor negotiation while meeting Planar’s benefits philosophy
- Design, implementation, and/or administration of compensation plans, programs, and projects within defined business groups
- Manages Payroll Analyst and oversight of Payroll processes
- Supports the Leave of Absence requests and Workers Compensation claims
- Designs and implements presentations, employee education, and updates on changing laws that impact benefit plans
- Analyzes current market, programs, trends, and costs to evaluate effectiveness of benefit programs
- Supports company goals by maximizing plan effectiveness and competitiveness
- Resolves employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures
- Reconciles benefits accounts, complete payment with vendor, and look for trends and efficiencies in the data
- Ensures benefit programs are administered in compliance with plan documents and applicable federal and state regulations
- Develops and maintains trusted partnership with line managers to create value and achieve business goals
- Supervises benefit program vendors, brokers, insurance carriers and third-party service providers
- Builds relationships internally and collaborates effectively with cross-functional teams, i.e. HRIS, Legal, Finance/Accounting department
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; obtaining qualified opinions; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Manages 401(k) program and ensures all contributions are made in an accurate and timely manner
- Monitors trends and introduces market best practices for programs to company
- Reporting on program utilization, costs, effectiveness and recommends changes
- Design, plan and administration of fully insured health plans, group life insurance programs, and retirement programs including 401(k), voluntary benefits and other employee/retiree benefit programs
- Directs preparation and distribution of written and verbal information to inform employees and managers of benefits and related policies
- Plans, directs, supervises, and coordinates work activities of assigned staff.
Who You’ll Work With:
- HR Team
- Employees – All levels
What You’ll Need:
- 5 years of experience in HR with a focus on Benefits, Leave and Wellness programs
- 5 years of experience in Compensation analysis
- Experience managing Regulatory and Compliance reporting
- Experience managing people, leading and developing individuals and teams
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills in a team environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, verbal, and listening skills
- Experience managing complex projects with specific deadlines
- Strong analytical, collaboration and negotiation skills.
- Experience with project and program management
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively
- Ability to travel to company work sites in Hillsboro, OR and Corvallis, OR as needed
What You’ll Need to Bring:
- A bachelor’s degree in business, human resources, management or closely related field (or equivalent education and experience) is required. A master’s degree in business or closely related field is preferred.
- Approximately five+ years of progressive experience in human resources management, including experience leading a global high-tech company through a period of high-growth.
- At least three years of people management experience.
- Experience using an HRIS (Human Resources Information System), ADP Workforce Now preferred
- Knowledge of federal laws and guidelines, including but not limited to COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, USERRA, FMLA and experience with regulatory compliance reporting EEOC, AAP, OSHA, OFCCP requirements
This position requires the incumbent to work in an environment where there may be regular exposure to the following:
- Working with others in a team setting
- Valid Driver License and reliable transportation to travel between company locations in Hillsboro primarily and on occasion to Corvallis as needed
- Address 1195 NE Compton Drive, Hillsboro, OR 97223