Are you looking for an opportunity to grow in the field of Human Resources? Are you interested in joining a small, but mighty, Human Resources team that is collaborative and passionate about the value that Human Resources brings to the table? Are you someone who loves working with people and enjoys work that is challenging, rewarding, and different every day? If so, we want to hear from you!
About Our Position
Oregon State Treasury is recruiting for the position of Human Resources Coordinator. This position is the key to our Human Resources team as it is the glue that holds the details, communication, and organization together for our recruitments and Human Resources projects. If you are a go-getter, with a talent for organization, a love for communication, a knack for attention to details, and a passion for process improvement, then please check out our exciting job opportunity!
This position performs functions to support and promote recruitment for a variety of positions, such as scheduling interviews, creating interview packets, and coordinating candidate travel, closing out job requisitions; coordinates onboarding, schedules new employee orientation, processes new hire paperwork; partners with management on recruitment and hiring/onboarding; plans and coordinates trainings and events; manages and administers online training portal; and organizes and maintains files.
This position is currently working remote until at least January 2022 with occasional needs to report to the office. There may be a hybrid model (partial work from home / partial work from office) opportunity available for this position once we return to the office. The office for this position is located in Salem, Oregon.
This position is classified as a Human Resources Analyst 1 and the salary range for this position is $47,520 – $73,584 annually.
Minimum Qualifications for Our Position
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Organizational Behavior or Development, Business or Public Administration, the Applied Behavioral Sciences, Industrial Relations or a job-related course of study determined by the appointing authority; OR
- Valid Certification as a Professional in Human Resource awarded by the Human Resource Certification Institute, and one-year Human Resource experience; OR
- Three years Human Resource paraprofessional or technical-level experience.
- Valid Certification as a SHRM Certified Professional awarded by a nationally recognized organization, substitutes for one year of human resource professional-level experience.
Desired Attributes for Our Ideal Candidate
- Experience working in a Human Resources position and department.
- Experience with recruitment coordinating, scheduling, and onboarding.
- Ability to promote a culture of equitable treatment and belonging.
- Skilled at ensuring an excellent customer experience to team members, internal and external stakeholders, and candidates, while representing the agency positively and professionally.
- Expertise in maintaining clear and effective communication and ability to frame communication to diverse audiences including candidates, hiring managers, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead with emotional intelligence at all times, understanding that your communication and work style may need to be flexible depending on environmental changes.
- Ability to seek out innovative solutions to challenges and capitalize on opportunities to improve group processes.
- Exercise the ability to think creatively.
- Ability to compose important documents paying attention to accuracy, grammar, and punctuation.
- Maintain an innate sense for attention to detail, understanding that many of our decisions and processes may have impacts that are outside of our immediate team. Exercise awareness and ownership for work products to prevent unintended, disparate impacts.
Important Application Details
In order to apply and be considered for this position, you are required to upload your resume.
We will accept applications through the job announcement closing date, however, we may close this recruitment early, as we have an urgent need. If interested, please apply early.
Benefits of Joining Our Team
- Low employee premium share for medical, dental, vision, and basic employee life (1% or 5% employee share);
- Robust paid leave package, such as vacation, personal business, holidays, sick leave, and special holiday leave;
- PERS retirement benefits;
- Support with training and development;
- Student loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF);
- Optional benefits include optional life, short & long term disability, accidental death and dismemberment, Oregon Savings Growth Plan (deferred compensation plan), flexible spending accounts, long term care insurance, employee assistance program, weight watchers, and more!
About Oregon State Treasury
Oregon State Treasury is focused on improving the financial well-being of all Oregonians. We provide low-cost programs for governments, and empower Oregonians to invest in themselves and their loved ones for a more secure future.
We are committed to cultivating a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and respectful. We value and support the collective differences in who we are and celebrate the fact that everyone comes to the table as their own unique individual. We are devoted to prioritizing equity and addressing racial disparities, as well as ensuring a safe and accessible working environment for all. We believe all of this empowers our success and makes Oregon State Treasury an excellent place to work.
Oregon State Treasury is led by State Treasurer Tobias Read. As Treasurer, he is the state’s financial leader, the custodian of public funds and chief investment officer. We prioritize investing for the long term, doing business the right way, and empowering Oregonians to invest in themselves. We’re proud of the work we do to help families, governments, and businesses succeed.
Our Values and Principles
Please visit the following webpage to learn more about Oregon State Treasury: https://www.oregon.gov/treasury/Pages/index.aspx
Our top priorities during this public health crisis are employee health and ability to meet our essential responsibilities. We are taking safety precautions while continuing our business operations in order to keep employees safe and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
As public servants, it’s our job to protect the public. Requiring our workforce to be vaccinated protects those we serve from unnecessary exposure and risk. And it improves our ability to perform the work that Oregonians expect from us.
As neighbors, as a community, as family, and as state employees, now is the time to step up for one another. We have an urgent need to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Employees are required to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series by October 18, 2021 unless the employee receives a medical or religious exception. New employees must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exception by October 18, 2021. Employees who have begun, but not completed, the vaccination process as of 10/18/21, shall be given a grace period until 11/30/21 to fully complete the vaccination process. For more information, visit https://www.oregon.gov/das/HR/Documents/50.000.03-COVID-19-Vaccination-Requirements.pdf
- Prospective employees are subject to an extensive background check that may include, but not be limited to, validation of all application materials, prior employment and personal references, credit history, driving records and fingerprint-based state and federal criminal and civil records. Adverse background data may be grounds for immediate disqualification.
- OST does not offer visa sponsorships, and within three days of hire, the successful candidate will be required to complete the U.S. Department of Homeland Security form I-9, confirming authorization to work in the United States.
- Eligible veterans who meet the qualifications will be given veterans’ preference. To receive preference you MUST attach appropriate documentation as outlined by the Department of Administrative Services at the following website: Veterans Resources. You may also call the Oregon Department of Veterans’ Affairs at 1-800-692-9666
- OST is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to a diverse workforce.