Mulberry Talent Partners, Human Resources Division has partnered with a manufacturing company in Salem, OR on a direct hire, Payroll Specialist role. The Payroll Specialist will be expected to exercise independent judgment, develop solutions and/or recommendations, and under direction make decisions relating to other specialized subject matters within the scope of Human Resources and Payroll Administration.
This role works directly with the Human Resources Manager to support the company across multiple state locations. This position carries out professional level payroll and benefit functions, primarily related to processing payroll and health insurance for staff.
- Processing large bi-weekly payroll for both exempt and non-exempt employees and managing time & attendance records
- Assist with administering employee benefits
- Assist with regular payroll and benefits reporting
- Year-end payroll and benefit activities
- Process employee hires, separations and changes in HRIS & Payroll system, accurate pay and reporting
- Ability to coordinate tasks, events, or trainings related to payroll and benefits across multiple locations with various managers
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits, and employee issues
- Complete and submit requested Employment Verifications & other Agency Notices
The Ideal Candidate:
You have a bachelor’s or associate degree in a related field. A minimum of 2 years in payroll processing, 1-2 years of HRIS experience, and experience working with sensitive and confidential information. Manufacturing background preferred. You have a high attention to detail, are a self-starter, are confident in your skillset, and are able to jump right into the role.