Cramer Fish Sciences is seeking a Payroll and Accounting Clerk. This position is a direct hire at our Portland, OR office working on average 30 hours a week. We offer a casual work environment with excellent flex benefits, including flexibility in daily starting and end times, as well as a future opportunity to work remotely some of that time.
A little about us: We are an employee-owned organization focused on finding innovative and practical solutions to challenges with fisheries, riparian, and aquatic ecology. We pride ourselves on providing quality, expert science which supports advances in the field of natural resource management in California, Idaho, Oregon and Washington. Reporting to the CFO and working closely with the Accounting Supervisor, this role supports the Payroll and A/P and A/R functions of our business.
What you will be doing:
- Independently administering all Payroll duties with support from CFO
- Completing semi-monthly payroll processes
- Maintaining payroll records and deductions related to events, such as hiring, termination, leaves, or promotions and benefit changes
- Serving as a liaison for employees in responding to payroll related questions
- Continue to improve the company’s HR related responsibilities
- Supporting staff with travel arrangements.
- Provide necessary accounting administration such as data entry of project and company expenses and vendor invoices, and review and reconcile company credit cards charges
- Process and record bank deposits (electronically)
- Assist with monthly invoicing to clients
- Open and process mail
Strong candidates will have:
- Associates degree, Bachelor’s preferred, or a combination of education and at least 4 years’ work history in Payroll and Accounting related areas.
- Strong MS Office expertise, especially Excel
- Knowledge of Accounting principles and related software programs
- Communicate often and with transparency
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to resolve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to express and exchange ideas
- Positive attitude as evidenced in an optimistic outlook and a disposition to encourage
- Excellent attention to detail; ability to accurately perform data entry
- Strong organizational skills; ability to meet deadlines and ability to multi-task
- Amazing customer service skills
- Can work with minimum direction; high initiative, strong work ethic
What you will get:
- Competitive salary with profit sharing opportunities
- Excellent benefits including broad health and retirement coverage
- Flexible schedule with work remote opportunity
All in a casual, relaxed but highly engaged employee-owned organization!
Cramer Fish Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled
Please apply here: cramer-fish-sciences.hiringthing.com/job/139038/payroll-and-accounting-clerk