At Yakima we believe in connecting you, your family, friends and all your favorite gear to your desired destination or activity through our mission of enhancing the journey and earning trust every day.
We are seeking a Payroll & Benefits Administrator for our location in Lake Oswego, OR. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of all payroll functions, as well as managing the HRIS system (ADP WorkforceNow), with a focus on accuracy of data and record keeping. This position will also have responsibility for benefit administration including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability (STD/LTD), and 401(k) plans. This role will also focus on the overall employee experience by building strong relationships with employees and managers to lend support in these areas. Other key aspects of this position contribute to achieving and sustaining the Yakima Strategic Business Plan and Initiatives, global competitive advantage, and profitable market growth strategy.
- Input of timely and accurate payroll information. Processing and managing multiple payroll activities with bi-weekly, semi-monthly, monthly, quarterly, and annual deadlines.
- Balancing quarterly and annual tax reports for year-end statements (W-2). Assisting in the research and running of any needed reports as required for the Multi-State payroll tax filing for Oregon, California and 3 other states.
- Compiling regular and ad hoc reports for payroll, benefit plans and special management requests.
- Calculating and reconciling agency remittances for employee deductions. Assuring maintenance of individual payroll records, direct deposit records and time records. Carrying out our record retention policy.
- Accurately interpreting and following federal, multi-state and local payroll tax regulations including workers compensation and unemployment rules. Keeping current with new changes. Supporting and incorporating approved departmental and corporate polices.
- Responding to employee payroll questions and issues while providing excellent customer service.
- Facilitating annual payroll audits for workers compensation, 401K and company benefits. Meeting reporting deadlines regarding wages and benefits.
- Assist in the administration of company employee benefit programs including medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance , long and short term disability, 401k plan, EAP, vacation, holidays, sick leave/personal time off, workers’ compensation, unemployment, leave of absence.
- Assist in the management of the annual employee benefit open enrollment process.
- Assist in the creation and development of the annual budget process for assigned payroll and benefit accounts including but not limited to: perform statistical, cost, and financial analysis of payroll and benefit data; analyze and develop financial reports for management; and formulate solutions to improve the budget and planning processes.
- Perform analysis of company benefits including analyze industry benefit plans, surveys, and other sources of information; plan, develop, and/or participate in industry surveys; and develop specific recommendations for review by management.
- Assist in the preparation and filing of annual Form(s) 5500.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual research, reconciliation and analysis of assigned general ledger accounts in accordance with company policies, determining adjustments required and submission of entries as necessary to ensure accuracy of financial information.
- Administer the 401K Monitor enrollments, terminations, file transfers and data integrity. Complete all l processing activities. Maintain a complete familiarity with all Plan documents and maintain the compliance calendar ensuring that all required notices and reports, are completed in a timely manner. Ensure proper integration with HRIS and conduct semi-annual compliance audits.
- Review and audit plan funding reports, invoices relating to plan administration and benefits reporting from the carriers. Audit activities, including vendor performance, and determine deficiencies, corrective measures, process enhancements, and work with all parties to resolve issues.
- Prepare and maintain federal and state filings with multiple regulatory tax agencies.
- Respond to internal and external requests regarding benefit questions, employment verification, and other related inquiries.
- Carry out other duties, responsibilities and projects as may be assigned, in an effective manner.
What you Bring:
- BS degree from an accredited college/university in Business, Human Resources, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- CCP, CEBS, or PHR Certification preferred.
- 5+ years of multi-state payroll processing experience.
- 7+ years of Human Resources experience
- Experience working in ADP Workforce Now.
- Hands-on benefit analysis, modeling and reporting experience required.
- A strong knowledge of payroll, benefits, human resource technology solutions and employment law is necessary to be successful in this position.
- Intermediate level with P.C.’s: Microsoft Office Suite; Outlook; PowerPoint
- Excellent Excel skills.
- You possess thorough knowledge of employment taxes and understand employee and employer deductions and how they are taxed.
- You have a customer focused mind-set and give high priority to service.
- You collaborate in a multifaceted, high profile environment and build constructive and positive relationships with co-workers.
- You can keep confidential information with the utmost integrity and discretion.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Professional level communicator, both oral and written correspondence.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage workload, work independently and efficiently.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal-external customers.
- Have a keen ability to prioritize and ability to identify and address needs in advance.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible, accept new ideas and input positively, and be open to new work approaches and processes.
Work takes place in an office setting. This job may require working more than 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours a week. It requires the ability to sit, stand and work at a computer for extended periods of time and communicate effectively with a diverse audience in person, by phone and by computer. This position requires the ability to lift, push, and carry up to 20lbs. Must be able to travel domestically and/or internationally via commercial carrier.
- Address 4101 Kruse Way