AAA Oregon/Idaho is looking for a detail oriented and highly responsive Payroll Clerk
Based in our Downtown Portland Offices, the Payroll Clerk will partner with our Payroll Supervisor in compiling payroll data to maintain payroll records. This role reviews wages and corrects errors to ensure accuracy, record changes affecting net wages and prorate expenses for accounting records. It also provides support in additional areas of payroll efficiency to balance employer risk and employee satisfaction.
- Some college (or equivalent experience), plus 2-4 years of related experience.
- Strong skills utilizing and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system.
- Experience using ADP Workforce Now and ADP Enhanced Time timekeeping highly preferred.
- Strong proficiency in Excel, basic computer skills and math required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Ability to follow consistent protocols and controls to ensure data security.
- Organizational and time management skills required.
- Positive team player with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to explain payroll processes to non-payroll team members in a clear and supportive way.
- Interested in gaining responsibilities and growing in the role.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus, but not required.
At AAA Oregon/Idaho, we embrace the word go but know when to slow down and breathe in. We believe in quality time, in family time, in getting home on weeknights and away on weekends. We are forward thinking. We go to jobs we like, and we want every dollar to matter. We look for balance, for security and stability and for peace of mind. We are sons, daughters, mothers and fathers. We are doers, sharers and learners. We get our feet wet- we hike, bike, ski, surf, climb, fish, hunt and gather. We go for a great deal, a challenging workout, and a wide-open road. We drive, ride, cruise and fly. We are sightseers, adventurers and explorers discovering new places, uncovering new worlds. We go for the past, present & future. We are AAA.
COVID-19 Related Notice: In support of our Community value, AAA Oregon/Idaho has taken strict precautions to ensure the safety of team members at all times. We follow all local, state, and federal requirements and health department recommendations requiring face coverings, distancing, quarantine/isolation, and any and all State or Federally mandated vaccination or testing requirements. Additional Safety guidelines are available upon request and site-specific information is available by location.
Up to $250 in COVID-19 vaccine incentives! $125 after hire if verified, fully vaccinated for COVID-19 plus an additional $125 after booster.
*SEE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPLY AT OREGON.AAA.COM/CAREERS*
- Address 600 SW Market St, Portland, OR 97201