Assists Payroll Supervisor by compiling payroll data to maintain payroll records. Reviews wages and correct errors to ensure accuracy, record changes affecting net wages and prorate expenses for accounting records.
- Compile payroll data such as hours worked, taxes, insurance and employee identification number from time sheets and other records.
- Prepares computer input forms, enters data into computer files, or computes wages and deductions to post to payroll records.
- Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Records changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records.
- Prorates expenses to be debited or credited to each department for cost accounting records.
- Assists in processing Accounts Payable related to payroll and benefits.
- Assists Administration, Finance, and Human Resources department with various duties.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Job is not supervisory in nature.
Education / skills / Experience
- Some college (or equivalent experience) plus 1-2 years of related experience.
- Strong skills using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll accounting system.
- Experience using ADP Workforce Now and ADP Timekeeping highly preferred.
- Strong proficiency in Excel, basic computers, and math required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion.
- Able to follow consistent protocols and controls to ensure data security.
- Organizational and time management skills required.
- Positive, team player with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus, but not required.
Other position conditions and/or physical demands
- Office environment with continuous computer work.
- Physical attendance on the job site is an essential job duty.
- Address 600 SW Market St. Portland OR 97201