Mulberry Talent Partners: Human Resources Division, has joined with our client in Vancouver to identify a Payroll & HR Specialist. The Payroll & HR Assistant processes payroll accurately and timely on a bi-weekly basis for multi-location / multi-state company. Support Human Resources by administering health and wellness benefit plans, performing new hire orientations, preparing and maintaining employee files, managing basic IT needs, and assisting with company events. Coordinate facilities and equipment maintenance to maintain a functional and productive office environment.
Your new role:
- Payroll –
- Facilitate accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, bonuses, timecard entry, reconciliation of commission requests, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Verify payroll changes for new, current, and terminated employees
- Audit payroll files and reports for accuracy.
- Prepare 401k contribution files.
- Calculate, prepare, and transmit quarterly L&I workers compensation payments.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage and hour laws, and best practices
- HR –
- Administer health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes, and terminations. Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Administer company wellness program
- Manage Concur and train new users
- Facilitate new employee orientation including preparing new hire packet, reviewing paperwork with new hire, and office introductions.
- Coordinate workspace set up for new employees including phone, computer equipment, and basic office supplies.
- Prepare new-employee files.
- Complete I-9 form, verify I-9 documentation and maintain I-9 files.
- Assist in processing terminations including collecting company equipment, keys, terminating user accounts and directing IT how to handle employee account
- Reconcile benefits statements.
- IT management: provide basic IT troubleshooting, manage external IT vendor, coordinate set up and / or moving of sales office computers, printers, IT equipment
- Requisition and inventory office and IT equipment; create and update technology asset lists
- Coordinates office maintenance including janitorial services resulting in professional and safe office environment.
- Manage office facility & equipment, act as primary contact to property management for repairs.
- Maintain office supply inventory
- Assist with company events and meetings, including evaluating the success of each activity, event, or outing and identifies opportunities for improvement in the future.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Regularly update employee directory and phone lists
- Banking & Finance –
- Upload Positive Pay and ACH files to the bank.
- Draft loan documents required by bank or title company to produce new loans.
- Issue cash invoices to buyers and prepare final draw reconciliation.
- General Accounting & Administrative Support – support overall accounting and administrative duties of the department.
- Strategic – generate ideas and accomplish tasks related to improvements and other strategic objectives.
- Two years payroll experience “end-to-end”
- Two years HR experience preferred
- One-year accounting or bookkeeping experience or related work experience
- Solid understanding of Federal and Multi-state tax requirements and wage and hour laws.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel spreadsheets, Concur, DocuSign, & Adobe
- ADP Workforce Now required
- HRIS experience a plus
- Associate degree in related field and / or equivalent experience.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
If this job describes what you are looking for, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you!
- Address Vancouver, WA