OBRC is the industry steward of Oregon’s nationally recognized beverage container deposit program. We help keep Oregon beautiful by providing outstanding services to our partner distributors and retailers, and to the public for the recovery, reuse, and recycling of beverage containers.
We are seeking an experienced payroll professional to join our awesome HR Team! Our team works hard, but we have a lot of fun while doing it! OBRC provides its employees work-life balance, competitive salaries, and great benefits, all while working for a company that does so much for Oregonians.
This position has primary responsibility for payroll preparation, processing journal entries and account analysis. The Payroll Specialist provides periodic reports as needed, and prepares weekly labor utilization reports for senior leadership.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Accurate and timely payroll processing using the ADP Workforce Now platform for both exempt and non-exempt employees. Processes final checks and any other off-cycle checks as requested, including unscheduled manually issued checks and ADP pay card funding
- Maintains payroll deductions in accordance with company policy and legal requirements. Deductions include, but are not limited to garnishments, insurance adjustments and refunds, and 401(k). Enters changes that may impact pay necessary for payroll processing
- Prepare and process stop payments, void checks, direct deposit reversals and overpayment collections in accordance with company, federal, state regulations
- Conduct post process review of the payroll data to ensure the accuracy of employee payroll, HR and benefit information including earnings, deductions, payroll taxes, and PTO usage and balances
- Review timecards for accuracy, completeness and in compliance with applicable payroll standards and procedures. Conducting periodic audits, identifying discrepancies and conducting follow-up on any concerns with the appropriate supervisor as needed
- Assist employees and Time and Attendance Supervisors with questions, concerns or requests regarding payroll, escalating issues and concerns as needed
- Process all Change of Status forms such as pay increases, title or position changes, department or status transfers, and terminations.
- Complete and submit required information for Unemployment Insurance claims.
- Process journal entries pertaining to payroll
- Other job duties as assigned
- H.S. diploma or GED required; Associates in accounting or business, or certified payroll professional designation preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in payroll processing required; payroll experience in processing multiple payrolls preferred
- Recent experience utilizing ADP Workforce Now for hourly and salary payroll processing preferred
Requirements – Skills, Job Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of Federal and State Garnishment regulations and processing
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information with the utmost discretion and professionalism
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills
- Strong organizational, mathematical, analytical and critical thinking skills to complete work with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work in our corporate office and abide by all COVID-19 safety protocols