The Payroll Specialist will ensure that all aspects of the company’s payroll processes are completed timely and accurately. Responsibilities include working with employees to make sure timecards are accurate, processing payroll via ADP, maintaining the employee database and adhering to all statutory requirements.
- Process bi-weekly payroll for employees of the Company. This includes:
- Reviewing timecards and working with employees to correct any errors or omissions
- Calculating the correct amounts for regular pay, overtime, deductions, bonuses, etc. utilizing the ADP portal
- Distributing paychecks or paystubs to managers so they can hand out to their employees
- Address and resolve payroll questions from employees
- Prepare payroll related reports for management (e.g., actual departmental expense vs budget)
- Ensure that all payroll, payroll tax, employee benefit and other payroll related charges are properly entered into our ERP system.
- Monthly reconciliation of all payroll related general ledger accounts
- Process invoices for tax or other employee benefit related programs
- Maintain employee database in ADP, which includes hour rates, salaries, benefit information/rates, new hire information, etc.
- Process final payroll checks for people leaving the Company, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of such payments
- Ensure that all monthly, quarterly and/or annual statutory reporting requirement are met
- Excellent communication skills with vendors and PBC employees
- Other accounting or human resource tasks and/or projects as time permits
Skills & Abilities
- Detail Oriented – Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
- Initiative – voluntarily takes the first steps to identify and address existing obstacles, issues as well as participating in process improvement opportunities.
- Resilience – the ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Curiosity – the ability to seek, grow and learn new and improved ways of doing things
- Team Player – the ability to be proactive in helping with issues.
- Problem Solver – the ability to identify and define problems and communicates this in a timely manner.
- Associate Degree in a related field or education plus 6 years of experience can be substituted.
- Five or more years of hands on payroll processing experience
- Proficient to advanced computer skills with prior experience working with ADP Workforce Now software is highly preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite – Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Outlook
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is typical of an office environment but is usually loud and temperatures will fluctuate from hot to cold depending on outside temperatures in our plants. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time in a temperature-controlled environment. Occasionally will stand, balance, twist, stoop kneel and reach with hands/arms. Occasionally lifts up to 10 pounds and walks, use stairways to climb to multiple floors within the plants.
PBC participated in E-Verify
Portland Bottling Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This position is subject to pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Address 16800 SE Evelyn Street, Clackamas, OR 97015