Albertina Kerr empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental health challenges and other social barriers to lead self-determined lives and reach their full potential. When you join Kerr, you become part of a team motivated to provide innovative and excellent programs, services and care.
We’re seeking a Payroll Specialist to join our Team. As the Payroll Specialist, you’ll coordinate and execute daily payroll functions, will act as the main point of contact for payroll-related questions and requests from employees and supervisors, and will perform payroll-related accounting and compliance duties.
- Administers daily payroll functions in accordance with internal policies and procedures, wage and hour laws, and other pertinent laws and regulations. Ensures that biweekly payroll processing runs timely and accurately.
- Administers biweekly payroll auditing process of timekeeping records and payroll calculations.
- Ensure the accuracy of payroll and tax documents.
- Acts as administrator for timekeeping system.
- Coordinates and administers the process for resolving payroll-related questions and requests from managers and employees.
- Routinely monitors the Accounting Departments helpdesk to ensure prompt response to employee requests.
- Updates payroll related general ledger accounts including initiating journal entries and reconciling payroll related general ledger accounts.
- Responds to requests for information from outside agencies.
- Participates in external and internal audits.
- Ensures adequate internal controls over payroll related activities.
- Monitors check stock and orders payroll-related supplies as needed.
- Participates in continuing education activities to maintain current, relevant knowledge related to assigned work.
- Performs other and related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three years’ payroll experience.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Associates degree desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and payroll software (Paycom preferred).
- Working knowledge of payroll laws and regulations.
- Strong organization skills and ability to coordinate payroll processes independently, under the general oversight of Accounting Director.
- Keen attention to detail.
- General office and clerical skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Paid medical, dental, and vision employee benefits
- Paid basic life & accident insurance and short- & long-term disability
- Paid internal training and career development
- 7 paid holidays and generous time off
- 24-hour Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that provides resources for everything from mental health to pet insurance and financial counselling
- Satisfies employment requirement for student loan Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PLSF)
- Address 424 NE 22nd Ave., Portland, OR