This position is located at our administration office in NE Portland. The schedule is Monday through Friday, typically 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The People and Culture works a hybrid schedule of office, remote, and traveling to various Cascadia locations.
Reporting to the Employee and Labor Relations Director and providing support to the Recruiting Manager, this position contributes to Cascadia by providing tactical and strategic consulting to employees, management and stakeholders while aligning with organizational goals. This position maintains thorough knowledge of operations, legal and regulatory landscape, recruiting, workforce challenges, and culture to provide effective guidance to the People & Culture Department.
This position description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, or working conditions associated with the position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
Employee & Labor Relations:
- Serve as a dedicated business partner to assigned departments providing professional advice and counsel to managers, supervisors, and employees regarding labor and employment law, policy, protected leaves, and performance management and investigations.
- Address employee and labor relations issues of high complexity, which may include, employee and management counseling, and performance improvement.
- Work closely with management to ensure compliance with collective bargaining agreement and state and federal labor laws.
- Conduct objective and comprehensive workplace investigations; take appropriate and equitable actions according to agency polices and the collective bargaining agreement, maintaining thorough documentation of all investigations and actions.
- Assists as necessary with union negotiations, grievances, and mediation.
- Partner with both management and employees to ensure positive work relationships that build morale and increase retention.
- Explore turnover trends and data in partnership with the Employee and Labor Relations Director to develop retention programs and policy.
- Based on feedback and need, provide relevant internal training to employees and managers.
- In collaboration with the recruiting team will perform full cycle recruiting activities; compose job descriptions, source, screen, and interview applicants, conduct reference checks, negotiate offers, extend job offers, and close candidates.
- Use sourcing resources and techniques to identify diverse candidates such as online social networking, traditional networking, Boolean searches, and referrals.
- Work in partnership within the People and Culture team and Hiring Managers to develop recruiting plans and sourcing strategies.
- Participate in diversity, equity and inclusion goals regarding recruitment and retention of new and current employees.
- Provide training of recruiting best practices to hiring managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
This position must understand, appreciate and respect the diversity and cultural differences within our Cascadia community. As such, it is expected that this position promotes integrated care, our vision of trauma-informed and person-first approaches and helps create a work environment of inclusion, safety and acceptance.
Requires Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, a related field, or an equivalent amount of experience. HRCI or SHRM certification is preferred.
- Two to five years of experience in Human Resources or closely related discipline.
- Previous experience in employee relations, labor relations, and recruiting.
- Experience in nonprofit setting is preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with state and federal employment laws (including federal and state anti-discrimination laws, federal and state wage and hour laws, and labor laws), and current employee and labor relations practices.
- Proven leadership skills (i.e. planning, communications, motivation, mentoring, and interpersonal skills)
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships at all levels of the organization
- Effectively communicate and build relationships with union representatives
- MS Office applications, with an emphasis on Excel
- Operate computer hardware and software at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Enter, retrieve, and analyze data
- Prepare moderate to complex reports
- Influence, persuade or coach management, staff and employees whose thoughts and behaviors may differ significantly from those of the employee
- Ability to commute to various Cascadia sites and community locations as needed.
Cascadia is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 503.238.0769 or email@example.com
- Address 847 NE 19th Ave, Suite 100 Portland, OR, USA