We are adding an HR Partner to our team to support our growing organization. This newly created position is based in Oregon and will support MLC colleagues throughout the US. Our People and Culture team currently works in a flexible hybrid model, and you would have your choice of Portland or Salem for your flexible in-office collaboration days. If you prefer an in-person position in either of our newly-remodeled office locations, that is available.
The People & Culture team takes a team-based approach to support our employees and each other. You will excel in this role if you have a generalist background and enjoy creating systems and processes.
What you will do:
- Apply equitable employment practices, foster diversity and inclusion, and apply an equity lens to HR policies and decisions.
- Build trust, respect, and appreciation between employees, managers, and the organization.
- Champion performance management and employee recognition.
- Ensure equitable application of organization policies and procedures while applying sound knowledge of relevant employee relations practices and applicable state and federal compliance laws.
- Provide change management support and high-touch communications for new projects as well as changes to ongoing programs.
- Coach front-line employees and managers on organizational and interpersonal communications, including active listening and effective feedback.
- In concert with the HR team, serve as a point of contact for employees when they have any concerns or questions regarding any interpretation or application of the Employee Handbook, etc.
- Build creative, effective recruitment campaigns and staffing strategies to source, recruit and hire high-quality colleagues. In partnership with the Chief People Officer and MLC leaders, develop and extend offers to selected applicants, and coach hiring managers to make offers.
- Lead efforts to build an effective onboarding process that considers modern best practices for employees who are in remote, hybrid, and in-person roles.
- Be a strategic business partner and thought leader; develop, adapt, and tailor HR practices to meet ongoing and emerging challenges.
- Assist with building internal HR department structures and systems that support our people.
- Offer a high level of service to all employees.
How you are qualified — you have:
- Five years of experience in multiple HR disciplines.
- Working knowledge of several HR functional areas, which may include benefits, employee relations, HRIS, job descriptions, DEI, employee relations, culture building, coaching, talent acquisition, onboarding, leave administration, compensation, and state and federal laws.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field required.
- SHRM of SPHR certification preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, professionalism, integrity, respect, and teamwork.
- Ability to navigate sensitive, emotional, and/or difficult situations with empathy.
We offer an excellent work environment and a range of benefits, including:
- Paid Time Off: 12 holidays, a wellness week in December, and 24 additional days of paid time off (PTO) annually.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision): Premiums paid 100% for employees.
- Retirement: 401(k) plan with 3% employer contribution and 2% match, as well as discretionary profit-sharing.
- Disability and Life Insurance: Employer-paid short-term, long-term, and group life.
- A hybrid work option and a flexible schedule.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a background check and drug screen. The Math Learning Center requires all employees to complete CDC-recommended COVID-19 vaccinations.
The Math Learning Center is committed to equity and diversity in our workplace, and we are an equal opportunity employer. We provide fair and equal opportunities for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, disability, or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. The Math Learning Center hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.