Our client, barre3, is hiring a People & Culture Manager!
The People & Culture Manager is responsible for overseeing Workplace Awesomeness, Company Culture and HR Administration at Barre3.
This position carries out responsibilities in Human Resources including:
- driving company culture
- compensation/benefits and total rewards
- performance management
- training and development
- all other HR strategy and operations
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates “Workplace Awesomeness” by implementing recognition and retention programs
- Collaborates and implements prioritized company culture initiatives
- Creates and collaborates on Employee Career Development and Mentorship programs
- Develops and implements HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Develops and administers various human resources policies and procedures for all company personnel
- Manages Onboarding/Offboarding to include Full Cycle Recruitment Process
- Benefits and Compensation Management
- Collaborates with leadership on the Performance Management for all employees
- Manages and provides recommendations on all Employee Relations matters
- Develops HR Team
- Overall responsibility for our Guiding Principle of “Workplace Awesomeness” by focusing on what our teams rank as the biggest opportunities for the company to deliver on our key Guiding Principle.
- Develops + administers the company’s Total Rewards program; including education and communication to existing employees, new employees and recruitment candidates.
- Administers and makes recommendations for human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual. Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with legal counsel as needed.
- Conducts talent acquisition for all exempt, nonexempt and temporary workers; assists hiring manager with recruitment and the hiring process; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations in partnership with the home office manager.counseling; conducts exit interviews.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to Home Office + studio managers (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Develops and maintains relationships with the leadership team, Home Office and studio employees. Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and employee retention.
- Administers semi-annual and annual performance reviews for Home Office and Corporate-owned studios.
- Maintains company organization charts and job descriptions.
- Supervises Office Manager/HR Assistant position.
- Collaborates with Office Manager and leadership team for developing and cultivating workplace culture.
- Implements DEI initiatives in partnership with the DEI Manager, Executive Sponsor and the DEI Committee.
- Creates and monitors salary bands, conducts wage surveys.
- Establishes and coordinates the onboarding procedures for all new employees.
- Oversees benefits selection, administration and supervises benefits processing + coordination.
- Assists in the development of a human resource/payroll information system, and maintains records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Administers protected leaves (FMLA, OFLA); designates and tracks leave hours, required correspondence documents.
- Administers personal leaves and transition policies.
- Alignment with barre3 Core Values: Practice Authenticity, Stronger Together, Love of Learning, Give Generously, Make It Happen
- Must have minimum of 5-10 years HR Generalist experience at the management level
- Previous experience developing and implementing effective strategies and programs to enhance employee experience
- Previous experience leading change by influencing up, down and across an organization
- Previous experience working with employees at all levels, building trust and developing collaborative relationships
- Demonstrated experience implementing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives
- Experience with Google Suite preferred but not required
- Previous experience in a retail environment a plus but not required
- SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, or PHR/SPHR preferred but not required
Oversees and provides leadership, and collaboration for up to one employee.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; minimum 5-10 years experience as exempt level human resources manager, human resources business partner, or senior human resources generalist or 5 to 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, or PHR/SPHR Certification preferred but not required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, or PHR/SPHR preferred but not required
WHAT YOU GET:
- A flexible, hybrid working environment, including opportunities to work remotely and from the Portland Home Office as needed
- A casual office environment where everyone is welcome and respected to come as you are
- Generous medical, dental and vision plans
- Paid holiday and flexible PTO packages to empower a healthy work-life balance
- Paid maternity and paternity leave to empower you to spend time with your new family
- Free unlimited access to barre3 online and Portland and West Village barre3 studio classes
- A competitive salary with 401k company-matching, because we care about your future
Barre3 is a fitness company building communities based on body positivity and inclusivity—and this starts with the workplace.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Community is at the core of barre3, and we believe that a culture of wellbeing can only thrive when we collectively embrace diversity and inclusion. We are committed to recruiting and hiring people of all races, genders, ages, religions, identities, experiences, veteran statuses, and disability statuses, and to creating an environment that fosters and supports this diversity. We have an active DEI committee that’s dedicated to creating and implementing DEI efforts across the company.
OUR COVID-19 POLICY
Barre3 requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. As an equal-opportunity employer, barre3 will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
- Address Portland, Oregon