Mulberry Talent Partners: Human Resources Division, has joined with our client, a long-standing manufacturing company in North Portland, to identify a HR Business Partner for their team. In this role, you will join a tight-knit HR team in supporting this mid-sized company in Portland, OR.
In this role, you will be responsible for applying business knowledge and human resource expertise to the Portland, OR plant and union employees. This position will assist in providing a wide range of HR support and advice and will play a key role in the success of the organization by offering guidance on recruitment, terminations, performance management, benefits, employee relations and HR best practices.
- Responsible for adherence to company policies including safety and the use of personal protective equipment.
- Supports administration, coordination, and application of company-wide human resources policies, procedures, and practices.
- Assists plant supervisors with payroll related items.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation and assist with the 90-day onboarding of new and transitioning employees.
- Manages full-cycle recruitment process to properly screen resumes, schedule interviews and process pre-employment screening and post-offer medical exams.
- Manages and assists with employee relations issues and recommend actions which are consistent with corporate policies and regulatory compliance.
- Manages and assists with items regarding labor relations issues, contract interpretation, and recommend actions which are consistent with the collective bargaining agreement; ensure timelines are met throughout the grievance procedure.
- Participates on strategic, annual or ad-hoc HR projects, representing the HR geographic location, presenting perspective, feedback and data that aids in the overall decision making/ design process; assists with the local implementation, administration and ongoing oversight of programs.
- Partners with site EH&S Manager on employee Health and Safety items.
Our ideal candidate:
- 3-5 years related to HR Business
- Labor relations experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration or a related field
- Master’s degree (MBA, MA/MS) preferred
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Address Portland, OR