You are a strategic, solutions-oriented expert on policy and contract interpretation in a union environment. Your ability to lead with emotional intelligence allows you to adeptly work to understand multiple, varying interests and stakeholders while developing trust along the way.
As a senior member of the Human Resources Labor and Employee Relations team, you will be one of three highly knowledgeable and experienced program managers serving as a solutions focused guide. Working independently and as part of this team, you will be relied upon as a contract manager and negotiator, consultant/influencer and trusted subject matter expert in Labor and Employee Relations.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for working with departmental directors, managers and the greater Human Resources team to ensure Metro’s labor and employee relations practices are consistent, equitable and align with our core organizational values and departmental objectives. Leading with a solutions based approach, collaborative spirit, and mutual respect, you will be responsible for working primarily with specific assigned unions of Metro’s eight union partners.
At Metro, we hire a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all of our employees can thrive.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Six years of directly related and progressive experience in Human Resources; 3 years of which include experience working in a unionized environment AND
- A Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field; AND either, a related advanced degree or professional certification; OR
- Any combination of experience and education that provides the necessary skills, knowledge and ability to perform assigned tasks
- 3+ years of direct experience developing, recommending and implementing labor relations policies and strategies
- Experience managing/leading labor negotiations and employee investigations in a multi-union environment
To apply: visit www.oregonmetro.gov/jobs for the complete job announcement and a link to our online hiring center. Metro is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- Address 600 NE Grand Ave