Board Term: 2 years
Position Term: 1 year
Time Commitment: ≈ 5 hours/mo.
The Programs Team is responsible for setting up and providing events and programming for members. This includes the programming curriculum for bi-monthly First Thursdays, the annual regulatory event, the bi-annual Rewards NW Conference, the annual membership appreciation luncheon as well as the coordination of learning and certification for our TRPDX members through WorldatWork. Each team member will be assigned specific events and is responsible for ensuring location and other logistics are set up for a positive membership experience at each assigned event.
- For each assigned event, (which may include one or more of the bi-monthly First Thursdays, the annual regulatory event, the bi-annual Rewards NW Conference, and the annual membership appreciation lunch), lead planning and delegation of all event logistics:
- Ensure speakers are in place, in alignment with the TRPDX philosophy/mission. Serve as the point of contact for the speakers and ensure that you are provided a bio, headshot, and summary of their presentation for marketing. Also, ensure you receive their materials upon conclusion of the event so that we can share out with members who attended.
- Recommend and finalize the location and food for each event after Program Committee/TRPDX Board approval
- Ensure there is a board member to host and check-in for each event
- Provide details to the MarCom team for communicating all facets of the event at least 45 days in advance of the event.
- Additionally, for the annual membership lunch, coordinate the speaker, program timeline, decorations, and swag. Work with Outreach Director on charitable giving program and with President for business content of program.
- WorldatWork courses:
- Volunteer to host a course, ensuring location and catering are set up.
- Monitor registration for WorldatWork credits, determine if further marketing for the course should occur.
- Provide support to the Programs Team and TRPDX Board at larger events.
- Support the Outreach Chair with any networking events that would require the logistics expertise the Programs Team maintains.
- A WorldatWork member preferred
- Ability to attend board monthly meetings, with onsite attendance as required.
- An ability to lead a group of people towards a common goal/mission.
- Check-in or host 1-2 events per year in support of the Programs Team
If you are interested in joining the TRPDX Board, please click trpdx.org and complete an application. (The position descriptions are also included on that link.)
TRPDX is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where volunteer opportunities are available to all industry professionals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.