You can G.R.O.W. with Us by becoming our Talent Acquisition Specialist (Recruiter)
**Location: Portland Office or Seattle Office**
Responsible for creatively sourcing and screening candidates in response to business needs. Works cooperatively with hiring managers to fill positions timely.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, AND ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Identify and attract talent for specific positions by sourcing highly qualified active and passive candidates.
- Conduct initial resume and phone screening and recommend candidates to hiring managers for consideration.
- Continuously build a high-quality and diverse prospect pipeline of candidates for future opportunities.
- Develop recruiting and sourcing plans using job boards, social media, and networking with local schools and organizations.
- Consistently message and communicate the Recology company brand and ensures the candidate has a great experience.
- Work collaboratively with hiring manager to create interview questions based on technical skills, behavior attributes, and culture fit.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with hiring managers, develop strategies for filling positions, and understand the needs and the culture of the department.
- Stay current on latest recruiting trends and best practices and attend industry and local networking events.
- Attend local and regional job fairs and participate in local outreach to organizations that can provide a diverse talent pool. Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups, and employees to create a qualified passive candidate pool.
- Work with Talent Acquisition Manager on various initiatives and recruitment related projects.
- Follow Recology recruiting guidelines and coach hiring managers on recruitment process and best practices.
- Post position openings in Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and manage requisitions in the ATS.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local law as well as company policies and guidelines.
Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to qualify is:
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years of full-cycle recruitment experience utilizing social media to recruit and brand the organizatio n
- Proven experience developing and implementing recruiting plans
- Detail oriented, organized self-starter with ability to prioritize work load.
- Valid California Drivers License.
- an ecologically innovative company that finds and mentors people committed to protecting the environment and sustaining our communities.
- the largest employee owned resource recovery company in the industry with terrific benefits to help you prosper.
- a creative and caring culture that values community, diversity, altruism, accountability, collaboration, and learning by doing.
- an inspired company mission driven to use and return resources to their best and highest use through the practice of the 4R’s: Reduce, Re-use, Recycle, and Recologize.
- distinct professional challenges to connect with, care for, and grow community that sees a world without waste.
RECOLOGY BENEFITS MAY INCLUDE:
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision.
- Retirement plans (Employee Stock Ownership Plan, 401(k) with match).
- Annual wellness incentives.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Educational assistance.
- Commuting benefits.
- Employee referral program.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job; and pursuant to applicable law, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records. It is important that you provide accurate information on the job application, inaccurate information may cause delays in the processing of your application and/or may disqualify you as a candidate.
Recology is an equal opportunity employer committed to supporting an inclusive and diverse work environment where employees are valued, heard, and provided development opportunities. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis that is prohibited by law.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, effort, work conditions, and benefits associated with the job.