Industry: Food Production/Manufacturing
Mulberry Talent Partners: Human Resources Division, has joined with our client, a food manufacturer in North Portland, to identify a Recruiting Coordinator. The Recruiting Coordinator will be responsible for providing HR support to the plants. This role is focused primarily on driving employee recruitment, retention, and engagement. The Recruiting Coordinator maintains effective business acumen about internal financial performance, midrange plans, culture, and competition.
Your new role:
- Monitor, evaluate, and enhance induction and onboarding process and procedure
- Develop & maintain job descriptions
- Create & Develop employee requisitions
- Recruit candidates for all Portland and ATFN roles
- Manage, monitor, evaluate, and enhance temporary employee staffing process
- Ensure all temporary employee requisitions are filled
- Screen and assess candidates, provide recommendation to move forward in hiring process to hiring manager
- Credentialing of current and potential employees
- Manage new hire/ re-hire procedure and process
- Track candidates progress through recruitment, interview, backgrounding, onboarding, and start date.
- Greet new employees and coordinates new hire orientation
- Create and manage forms for New Hire Data entry, PAF, SARF, etc.
- Participate in plant engagement activities
- Drive continuous improvement and change management throughout the organization
- Drive people processes to ensure alignment with organizational goals
- Completion of or in pursuit of Bachelor’s degree in HR, labor relations, business, or related field.
- Minimum 2 years Human Resource Experience
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices
- Manufacturing/ CPG experience preferred
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP preferred
- Ability to work “off hours” as necessary
- Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Capacity to understand people issues impacting the business along with a passion for relationship building
- Proven ability to influence others and reach agreements and consensus despite differing goals and priorities
- Proven ability to make decisive and sound judgements consistent with company culture and applicable laws
- A desire to lead change, drive results, and challenge the status quo