Salary Range: $71,903 – $94,619 annually
Placement on the range is based on qualifications.
Full-time, exempt position plus full benefits package.
The closing date for this position is 11:59 p.m., Monday, September 6, 2021.
Hiring a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve is essential to delivering exceptional City services and programs. The City of Hillsboro is committed to creating and supporting an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees to thrive. We value, respect, and empower employees as unique individuals with authentic voices and diverse ideas.
The City of Hillsboro is growing great things – including people and meaningful careers!
Here’s your chance to bring your HR talents to a position that contributes to a vibrant and growing community. All we need is one more hiring champion to join our fun and innovative team! Could this be you?
The City of Hillsboro is excited to announce a unique Recruitment Analyst position that merges the people-intensive functions of recruitment and selection with organizational development and systems thinking. This is your opportunity to play a pivotal role in shaping the City of Hillsboro, internally and externally, by recruiting and hiring a talented, diverse workforce. The Recruitment Analyst will provide opportunities that help our employees thrive and serve the Hillsboro community in an exceptional way.
This position will report to the Recruitment, Learning and Development Manager and the work portfolio includes full cycle recruitment/selection including outreach, onboarding, organizational workforce planning, and leveraging data and technology systems to improve recruitment effectiveness.
A day in the life of the Human Resources Analyst is fun, busy and rewarding! Here’s a snapshot…
- Demonstrating the agency’s commitment to equity through conducting equitable and inclusive hiring processes and providing professional consultation to hiring managers along the way.
- Ensuring high quality customer service for candidates and the hiring team throughout the recruitment cycle.
- Supporting City programs and initiatives to build a workforce reflective of the community we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our City and services;
- Partnering with managers on workforce planning efforts, creating/implementing action plans to address identified gaps;
- Leading the design and implementation of creative approaches to recruitment/selection to maintain delivery of high-quality municipal services and prepare to meet future demands;
- Identifying job competencies for utilization in recruitments, evaluation and professional development.
- Utilizing and procuring data to make informed decisions and sound recommendations regarding program areas;
- Assisting manager with policy development and design/delivery of learning and development experiences that support the City’s priority to lead equitable recruitment/selection/onboarding processes;
- Working with managers on organizational strategies to create career paths on Citywide, Departmental, and Divisional levels;
- Supporting community outreach through participation at job fairs, employer spotlights and various events.
The Human Resources Analyst has frequent interactions with employees at all levels of the City and external stakeholders and customers. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience incorporating the principles and practices of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in recruitment/selection and organizational strategy. The ability to establish positive, productive relationships, build trust, exercise sound judgement, actively listen, manage priorities, achieve results, effectively navigate complex and sensitive situations, and develop sound recommendations are critical for success.
Ability to: prioritize and complete tasks with optimum efficiency; balance multiple projects simultaneously and exercise confidentiality and discretion; quickly and effectively establish and maintain credibility at all levels within the organization. Utilize sound judgement and assess all dimensions of an issue for fiscal, legal and people impact.
Working knowledge of: Recruitment/selection best practices including effective outreach to diverse applicant sources, and use of technology to advance our recruitment goals, human resources practices, and trends in HR program development.
Advanced knowledge of: State, federal and local labor laws, equitable hiring practices, and effective outreach.
The City of Hillsboro recognizes that some applicants, particularly women, people with disabilities, and people of color do not apply for positions unless they meet all of the qualifications. We greatly encourage you to apply and welcome applicants from diverse and varied backgrounds. Transferable skills will be considered. If you can see yourself in this position, so can we!
General Statement of Duties
The principal function of an employee in this class is to provide advisory, analytical, and administrative professional services in support of human resources functions. Incumbents, as assigned, may be responsible for participating in formulating, implementing, and administering special department projects, such as preparation of annual reports, strategic plans, performing records research and management, and developing and coordinating quality management programs.
Acceptable Experience and Training
Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Organizational Development, Psychology, or closely related field, bachelor’s degree preferred; and 4 or more years’ experience in successfully conducting and improving upon full cycle recruitment and selection processes in a high-volume environment; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. Bilingual/multi-lingual skills are preferred, but not required.
- Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record.
- Address 150 E Main St, Hillsboro, OR 97123