We are currently hiring a Safety Specialist to join the Human Resources department at our corporate office in Wilsonville, OR.
The Safety Specialist is responsible for overseeing OCDC’s safety programs. Coordinates efforts to control or mitigates loss-producing conditions and activities involving unsafe working conditions, employee accident or injuries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains and monitors systems for timely and accurate recording of losses, claims, and other risk-related costs and experience factors.
- Researches and evaluates modern trends in safety, loss control, risk management, cost containment strategies, and creates reports based on findings.
- Investigates and works with the appropriate staff to process claims related to workers’ compensation.
- Conducts field evaluations and inspections of risk potential of facilities and agency practices.
- Coordinates with management and safety representatives to correct risk conditions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in business, Occupational Safety or a related field AND a minimum of 5 years of work experience in the management of a safety program or department; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience in the safety field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated ability to apply Oregon OSHA regulations and standards, Oregon Workers’ Compensation statutes and regulations within an organization’s safety program.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local safety regulations, protocols, and/or procedures.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn specific child safety standards (both regulatory and internal).
- Experience in risk management practices, safety inspections and training, and research/data collection methods.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to research and interpret policy, regulations, and procedures
- Medical, dental, vision, 11 paid holidays, and sick leave
- Vacation (5 weeks by 5 years)
- 401k program which ranks in the top 1% of the nation
Please complete an application at www.ocdc.net
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Address 9140 SW Pioneer Court, Ste E, Wilsonville, OR 97070